Hornworm feeding questions

Lacilolol

I have an approx. 1 year old male Veiled Chameleon who loves hornworms and crickets! I feed him 8-10 large crickets a day and have been feeding him 2 hornworms with the crickets. Is this too much? I originally got the hornworms to help with his hydration but now he loves them! How often and how many should I feed him each time?

Attachments

• 97D6C26E-432C-40B0-BD85-D025E2211069.png
    97D6C26E-432C-40B0-BD85-D025E2211069.png
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 96
I also stopped buying hornworms because of the growth issue, especially with it being summer. Maybe in the fall/winter I'll buy them again since the chill will keep them smaller. I would suggest trying silkworms if he likes the worms so much. Much more nutritional value! My boy loves them, ever since I got him to start eating them he is growing like crazy. He only takes 2-4 a day before turning back to his crickets, but it's enough to get him that boost of nutrients that he needs

I also stopped buying hornworms because of the growth issue, especially with it being summer. Maybe in the fall/winter I'll buy them again since the chill will keep them smaller. I would suggest trying silkworms if he likes the worms so much. Much more nutritional value! My boy loves them, ever since I got him to start eating them he is growing like crazy. He only takes 2-4 a day before turning back to his crickets, but it's enough to get him that boost of nutrients that he needs
+1 100% agree

Where do you purchase your silkworms?

Where do you purchase your silkworms?
Yeah, I think I'm going to go through Spyro at Morifeeders next. I just ordered a batch from dubiaroaches.com to use up some points I had saved up, but on my most recent batch I recieved only half of the worms I paid for. They compensated my account by putting points on it, but it was still frustrating because I went through those worms in a matter of days and now I dont have any left and wont be getting more until the end of the week. I also had to order a size up from what I wanted because they were out of their small feeders

Back
Top Bottom