Hornworm cant get out

Lauramcjk

So I had hornworm that turned, bit daily this little guy can't get out of his cocoon. Is this normal? Have any of you helped them out? I watch it struggle and don't know if I can help. Please any info or advice would b awesome

Well I been super attentive and watched this guy for hours and days pushing. like seriously... like I feel like I'm watching a lady in labor. Unless that's their process. ...

Not sure about hornworms, but silkworms I gave up on trying to breed, the silk industry has destroyed them from beiing an insect moth, to a silk producing machine, just my experience

Somehow the silk producers are extremely efficient and successful, I’ve failed multiple times. Trying again as we speak with freshly hatched eggs.

how long has it been since it cocooned because they can be in their cocoon up to 2-4 weeks but if they cocooned in the fall, they can stay in there all the way til spring. it all depends on how cold it was when it cocooned.

you should bring him to the vet asap!!!!

no.. just kidding, humm wait.. the nature is well done, if he can't get out its because development is badly made (do you have a picture of your moths?)
what is your goal with the hornworm butterfly? feeder or breeding? if breeding is the goal.. let it die or try because any help will damage the wings and he will be unable to breed of get feed.

next time dont forget to keep your moths humid (I spray them with water every day/2day

try again ;)

I knew no thing about it an ex bf gave it to me, he knew i would like the moth and the process. Its not gor feedong or breeding. I've had it 3 weeks. It seriously tries hours a day :/ and i swear it accepts my help only I dont know where or if. To cut? It's definately a moth inside at this point and I've seen her inside but it seems like she seals back up. I'll post pics. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but it sucks to see it struggle . She puffs up and deflates Idk at this point...

I knew no thing about it an ex bf gave it to me, he knew i would like the moth and the process. Its not gor feedong or breeding. I've had it 3 weeks. It seriously tries hours a day :/ and i swear it accepts my help only I dont know where or if. To cut? It's definately a moth inside at this point and I've seen her inside but it seems like she seals back up. I'll post pics. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but it sucks to see it struggle . She puffs up and deflates Idk at this point...
Hes got chameleons and told me about this forum

Back
Top Bottom