Hornworm breeding second try

bloftis1

Avid Member
So, before these guys burrowed into the soil they were massive 4 inches long, nice big pulsing vein way bigger than my ones before on my first try. So the 4 that we’re put into the soil , 3 surfaced and became a little smaller and wriggling around a little and somewhat moving but not really, the fourth one is still in the soil so I didn’t get a pic of him I just don’t want to bug him in the process. Here are the pics of them now, do they look good? Or no?
Edit: I kind of have a lot more hope with this second try but I’d like to know your guys opinion from past experiences doing this :)

Attachments

• 0DB76416-3C4A-41FE-AAAD-B9F666555DF9.jpeg
    0DB76416-3C4A-41FE-AAAD-B9F666555DF9.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 132
  • E5D6BB0A-2348-42A6-A6C2-4C44BA2F368B.jpeg
    E5D6BB0A-2348-42A6-A6C2-4C44BA2F368B.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 147
Man I jumped on your thread, as it is also where I am at! We are no help to each other, except I will tell you how mine go and you can tell me about yours!
With luck a knowledgeable person will help us , I usually give up! Lol

Man I jumped on your thread, as it is also where I am at! We are no help to each other, except I will tell you how mine go and you can tell me about yours!
With luck a knowledgeable person will help us , I usually give up! Lol
I know right lol!!! I will definitely keep you updated with pics, I watching them so closely everyday! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I'm just hoping this will work this time

They look good! Once they reach that peak size they start roaming, burrowing & puking / pooping their insides out until they're ready to pupate. Just keep the soil moist enough & leave them alone. In a couple days they'll be pupas!

Ps - I just successfully had my first batch of hornworm babies hatch! It's possible. Good luck!

They look good! Once they reach that peak size they start roaming, burrowing & puking / pooping their insides out until they're ready to pupate. Just keep the soil moist enough & leave them alone. In a couple days they'll be pupas!

Ps - I just successfully had my first batch of hornworm babies hatch! It's possible. Good luck!
Ah! Thank you so much!!! I've been keeping the soil moist and everything I read that's where people go wrong and the moth's will have trouble without it like emerging etc. I'm glad to hear, I'll will keep you updated if everything is successful!

Okay! I have one pupa LOL! Still working on two.. but. I have this one that is in the phase where it's like shedding it's skin off becoming a pupa but, he's kinda stuck in that phase I see part of the pupa and the rest is like the skin still trying to come off??
Edit: He's been in this "phase" for 2 days

Okay! I have one pupa LOL! Still working on two.. but. I have this one that is in the phase where it's like shedding it's skin off becoming a pupa but, he's kinda stuck in that phase I see part of the pupa and the rest is like the skin still trying to come off??
Edit: He's been in this "phase" for 2 days
Interesting - can you post a pic? :notworthy:

Interesting - can you post a pic? :notworthy:
Yes! In the pic you can still see like the head of the past hornworm before pupa I’m so confused, then I put the pupa that is absolutely perfect next to it. It’s really weird idk if you will be able to give me some info on this hopefully!!

Attachments

• D49EDC52-B318-4290-8446-D5EE9754932D.jpeg
    D49EDC52-B318-4290-8446-D5EE9754932D.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 137
  • EC996107-109E-4D3E-B12E-8E3B46A4B49B.jpeg
    EC996107-109E-4D3E-B12E-8E3B46A4B49B.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom