horn worms?

jasimmons86

I been feeding 5 month old male veiled a variety of worms, along with a staple of crickets.
I havent tried horn worms and want to.
I was going to order the horn worm cup off mulberrys website.

1. do these worms just hatch and grow in these cups?
2. do i need to move them out of the cup into some other container as they mature?
3. how long will these worms live?(my guy eats 15-20 crickets a day along with 3-5 worms depending on which ones i put in with him.

4. how nutritious are horn worms?

before anyone says anything, yes i dust my feeders daily with non D3. biweekly with D3, and monthly Reptive.

thank you

I been feeding 5 month old male veiled a variety of worms, along with a staple of crickets.
I havent tried horn worms and want to.
I was going to order the horn worm cup off mulberrys website.

1. do these worms just hatch and grow in these cups? Yes.
2. do i need to move them out of the cup into some other container as they mature? No. The warmer you keep them the faster they grow. Just keep them in the cups they come in and store lid down but propped on something leaving the lid vents open to air. Empty the droppings everyday so they are not sitting in their own waste.
3. how long will these worms live?(my guy eats 15-20 crickets a day along with 3-5 worms depending on which ones i put in with him. If you get anything other than the baby hornworm cups you will have worms too big to feed off for a 5 month old. Buy the baby hornworm cups. They grow faster than you think.
4. how nutritious are horn worms? They are great for hydration but are high in fat so not a good staple. Great supplement for the diet in moderation.
before anyone says anything, yes i dust my feeders daily with non D3. biweekly with D3, and monthly Reptive.

thank you

See my response in blue.. Hope this helps.

thanks for the response, and I order a 25 ct cup, according to the info they should reach 1.5" long with the amount food that the cup comes with, I should have those worms gone before they can mature completely though, especially if my guy likes them. He can be a real piggy.

You can also cycle them into the fridge to slow they're growth. I do 2 days in the fridge, then 1 day out. I do every once in a while have one or 2 die on me but nothing major.

As for size and frequency, I usually give 1 a week to my Veileds and Panthers, for the length of the worm I give them ones that are a little less than the length of the chameleons head.

Back
Top Bottom