Hope he is eating?

MTcham17

I have a 5 month old panther chameleon and I’m new to raising one. I have been feeding him small crickets (about 3 or 4 at a time in the early part of the day) and letting them loose in his enclosure which is large screen terrarium. I have heard about cup feeding to make sure you can monitor food intake but hear feeding him this way is better but should I worry that he may not be able to find the crickets and that he may not be able to eat? I have been feeding him a couple of meal worms every other day in a tray and gut feeding the crickets as well but just need some advice to make sure I’m feeding him correctly? He appears healthy and does seem to hunt but seems like there is lots of places for crickets to hide in his enclosure. Thanks for any info you can give!

Attachments

• D1F7FB9C-5E75-4FFC-8FFA-88FC30E626CF.jpeg
    D1F7FB9C-5E75-4FFC-8FFA-88FC30E626CF.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 107
  • C65FE9AA-B9FD-405D-913A-BD81C0F17671.jpeg
    C65FE9AA-B9FD-405D-913A-BD81C0F17671.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 114
Nice Cham, young chameleons can eat 20 pinhead crickets everyday!
Feed him as many small crickets as he will eat every morning,see how many he eats and adjust as needed. I used a feeder cup from @nick barta at full throttle feeders to leave them rather than having them roam the cage which you can also do to keep him busy, he will find his food don’t worry. The feeder cup is for you to keep everything nice and neat to keep track of his intake.

Nice Cham, young chameleons can eat 20 pinhead crickets everyday!
Feed him as many small crickets as he will eat every morning,see how many he eats and adjust as needed. I used a feeder cup from @nick barta at full throttle feeders to leave them rather than having them roam the cage which you can also do to keep him busy, he will find his food don’t worry. The feeder cup is for you to keep everything nice and neat to keep track of his intake.

Back
Top Bottom