Honey...And TGI's

I had read about the anti microbial properties of honey years ago, but only recently has it become a mainstream product for wound care in humans. It is way up there for effectiveness - on par with silvadene...helps ‘feed’ the newly forming cells, maintains optimal moist environment and inhibits bacterial growth. Is good to know it’s used in veterinary medicine.

I have seen honey heal some massive wounds in dogs and horses that involved serious road rash down to the bone and that was plain old honey in a bee hive shaped squirt bottle. Honey specific gravity makes it pull fluid across a membrane and acts as an effective cleaner of infected wounds by acting as a continuous flush with frequent bandages changes. If Manuka honey claims have any merit then using it would be even better.
I have never had to treat a TGI (knock wood) on one of mine. It stands to reason that honey would be safe to use around the mouth in conjunction with antibiotic therapy following a thorough flushing of the gland.

After reading some of the above attachments I'm still unclear as to whether this is a gland or just a pouch some chameleons have.

at this moment I try Manuka honey with my melleri. Got parasite infestation lately, all my melleri catch it, I treat them for parasites but after the antibiotics/antiparasitic its all end up with a bad bacterial infection (infected the temporal glands of course)
So far im at day 5 and there is actually some major breakthrough it definitely help! all the residual infection seem to back off :)

@Mawtyplant good to hear that.

Anyone ever used garlic as a treatment for intestinal parasites?
Someone I know has used it for their uromastyx and it seems to work on some parasites.

Back
Top Bottom