Honey...And TGI's

Garlic and onions do have some compounds in them that affect the red blood cell count in dogs and can cause anemia. I don't know about chameleons.
If I was going to go "natural remedy" I would look into papaya seeds as gut load for worms. I have used it but I don't know if it is effective yet. It has not caused other problems so far. It can be gut irritant so I don't feed it directly.

So the parasites weren't treated with an anti parasitic medication...just the garlic?
Or maybe it's not good for certain species of lizards?
Was a necropsy done on he chameleon?

No:/ usually i make one but on this one I was definitely too sentimental for it:(
So the parasites weren't treated with an anti parasitic medication...just the garlic?
Or maybe it's not good for certain species of lizards?
Was a necropsy done on he chameleon?

So sorry for your loss of one so special especially.

So did you test for the parasites yourself and treat them with only natural means then?

So sorry for your loss of one so special especially.

So did you test for the parasites yourself and treat them with only natural means then?
yes, then my other female got same symptoms so I ask my vet for fecal he diagnosed we try to treat with same meds it turn bad but not that bad.. now fighting temporal gland and mouth rot (secundary to treatment) that’s where honey did help because antibiotic was a total mess:/

@Mawtyplant ...sorry to hear all that. They tolerate some parasites well but others are such bad news.
Thanks! I think they tolerated them for long period of time and something might have shut down in immune system.. they are 5 years ltc so probably around 8-15 years (all adults when they first came here) still need to find why system did shut down :/ small guess on vitamins but how to know ..

I don't know what to tell you about why hey shut down.
Could be the parasites were sucking nutrition out of the chameleon's food supply leaving them short.

I don't know what to tell you about why hey shut down.
Could be the parasites were sucking nutrition out of the chameleon's food supply leaving them short.
Could be:/ I know they can sometime be hard.. I know 5 year ltc is long but I want to do better! ;)

Back
Top Bottom