homemade misting setups?

coltrain

Hello,
im getting ready for my new friend that ive waited ever so long for,
i find that a automatic mister will be highly beneficial for my living situation.
they tend to be pricey, but only consist of a few parts from the hardware store.
theoretically speaking, if i had all the tubing and fittings installed for a single nozzle, would there be a preference for a specific model of pump?

thanks

I've found that any pumps that might compare in technical specs are much pricier than others offer. I know and trust www.aquazamp.com with all my misting and drainage needs. I used to use mistking.com and after several parts had to be replaced, AT MY COST, I switched over. Aquazamp has American made parts and I feel much better customer service.

This is just my experience and I hope you consider all your options before deciding.

Hello,
im getting ready for my new friend that ive waited ever so long for,
i find that a automatic mister will be highly beneficial for my living situation.
they tend to be pricey, but only consist of a few parts from the hardware store.
theoretically speaking, if i had all the tubing and fittings installed for a single nozzle, would there be a preference for a specific model of pump?

thanks

It's the quality of the pump, the quietness of it, the fine mist spray design of the nozzles and how they conform to fit into the enclosures. You can't buy those at the hardware store. And the system uses a small amt of water. You can build it basically for what u need it for. That's what u pay for.
I easily set one up outside for my outdoor setup for 40$ using a patio mister etc, but it's a rough system perfect for outside, not for inside the house. It uses a ton of water for the amount of time it runs compared to the one inside.
The one inside has been refined and designed for what we need it for.
I personally have a Mist King which I bought this year when I expanded my collection. It's awesome.
I don't know if you can just buy the pump.
Susie

i havent really seen any comparable parts locally. you could probably pull of some sort of spray system or maybe sprinkle type system but i dont think youre going to get much of a mist (if its mist your after).

i always recommend aquazamp. i have one and my cham loves it. especially the rain dome.

basically the way i look at it is.. just do it right the first time and dont worry about it after. if you buy a kit your going to save yourself a lot of headache, time - and possibly money. but in the long run its going to be worth it so why not get something good and proven to work correctly. :cool:

either way, good luck!

Thanks,

thats a good point. I was trying to value engineer this setup.. but i soon learned that you can't cut all the corners.

actually the pumps are just diaphragm pumps. you can get Chinese ones from Harbor freight pretty cheap. The things you cant get cheap no matter how hard you look are the nice nozzles that you get from mist king and aquazamp, and the awesome timers. Not to mention the customer service of these organizations a far superior to anything you will find out there. Just my thoughts after like you trying to make my own system.

Back
Top Bottom