Hatchling setups...Tell me what you think!!!

Randers88

Established Member
I’ve been working on our hatchling setups off and on for a few months now. Im currently waiting on halogen puck lights to come in so that I can run those to each of the nanos. I also have two more 48” plant fixtures to hang above one shelf of Nano cages on each side of the UV fixture. I’ll have each shelve’s puck lights on their own individual dimmer switches for proper temperature control. I’ll also have one or two for each of the six communal tubs as well, for when they get old enough to need heat. I have two more racks in the works as well but this is the starting point.
Each Nano cage has its own mist king nozzle, I have the large capacity mist king pump that I’ll be installing into my current 55 gallon RO water system.
Each shelf has one 48” Arcadia 6% uvb right down the middle and then two 48” 3600k plant fixtures on each side. I’m using a solar meter 6.5 to ensure that each nano cage is receiving the proper uvi ranges. Each nano cage has a range of climbing thanks to wooden dowels that I’ve hot glued together and a Pothos plant as well. I’m adding the Pothos and dowel setups to each cage this weekend so that the Pothos can start to grow into the cages. Each communal tub Is bioactive, has a small shefflera and I’m going to add a few Pothos as well. I have lids that have 1/8” hardware cloth across the tops, should I feel the need to put them on.
I have the supplies that I’ll need to run a dripper onto the top screen of each cage but I’m not quite sure if I will do this. Aside from the puck lighting, and the dropper system.... I’m on the fence about buying humidifiers for each shelf and running PVC across the tops.
I still have to put in three move PVC sheets as shelf liners on one of the racks. I already have these, I just haven’t had an opportunity to cut them down so that they will fit properly.
Tell me what you think!!! Constructive criticism & advice will always be welcomed.
Questions, concerns, random comments are welcomed as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 153
Impressive! I love the tiny screen cages. So dang cute.
Thank you, it still feels like I have so much left to do. The cages are a good size for the first few months but I think my next few racks will need to be the next size up or even two sizes bigger.

Thank you, it still feels like I have so much left to do. The cages are a good size for the first few months but I think my next few racks will need to be the next size up or even two sizes bigger.
looks like your doing a fantastic job so far and sparing no expense for the little ones. What locale do you have hatching out?

looks like your doing a fantastic job so far and sparing no expense for the little ones. What locale do you have hatching out?
I've spent more than I'd care to admit to, honestly. But, my feeling is this... if I'm going in... I go all in and want to do so to the best of my ability. I want to be able to provide them with a good life and to hopefully provide others with a healthy, captive bread animal; that has been cared for properly. We're doing this out of love for the animals and the hobby in general.
My fiance and I are working with Ambilobe's right now. We have a few pairings that we are very excited about... well, we are very excited about all of them. But our first clutch is expected to start hatching this summer.
Here is the lineage for our first clutch that we are anxiously anticipating.
1st Picture>Sire: Zeppelin
2nd Picture > Sires - Sire (Grand Sire) : Carlin (Suncoast Chameleons)
3rd Picture > Dam : Kashmir (Chromatic Chameleons)
4th Picture Top> Dam's Sire : Xanthos (Chromatic Chameleons)
4th Picture Bottom> Kashmir's - Dam's Sire (Grand Sire): AKA (Kammerflage)
5th Picture: Dam's - Xanthos's Sire: Fantara (Kammerflage)
6th Picture: Sire - Zeppelin AGAIN, BC He's my boy!!!!

Attachments

• Zeppy 1.jpeg
    Zeppy 1.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Carlin Pic.jpg
    Carlin Pic.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Kashi.jpeg
    Kashi.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Kashmir - AKA.jpg
    Kashmir - AKA.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Fantara.jpg
    Fantara.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Zep.jpg
    Zep.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 120
It looks like you are about to jump in to breeding with both feet!! With all those cages full is a whole other ball game, babies need feeding & checking up on everyday...and cleaning out the vivs every other day, maintenance of the feeders & mister systems working properly & buyers to sell to.....

I've spent more than I'd care to admit to, honestly. But, my feeling is this... if I'm going in... I go all in and want to do so to the best of my ability. I want to be able to provide them with a good life and to hopefully provide others with a healthy, captive bread animal; that has been cared for properly. We're doing this out of love for the animals and the hobby in general.
My fiance and I are working with Ambilobe's right now. We have a few pairings that we are very excited about... well, we are very excited about all of them. But our first clutch is expected to start hatching this summer.
Here is the lineage for our first clutch that we are anxiously anticipating.
1st Picture>Sire: Zeppelin
2nd Picture > Sires - Sire (Grand Sire) : Carlin (Suncoast Chameleons)
3rd Picture > Dam : Kashmir (Chromatic Chameleons)
4th Picture Top> Dam's Sire : Xanthos (Chromatic Chameleons)
4th Picture Bottom> Kashmir's - Dam's Sire (Grand Sire): AKA (Kammerflage)
5th Picture: Dam's - Xanthos's Sire: Fantara (Kammerflage)
6th Picture: Sire - Zeppelin AGAIN, BC He's my boy!!!!
I like your approach and the way you and your fiancé are jumping in with not only your wallets but your heart. It says a lot about you both. It is quite impressive to me. I very much look forward to your babies and wish you the very best.

It looks like you are about to jump in to breeding with both feet!! With all those cages full is a whole other ball game, babies need feeding & checking up on everyday...and cleaning out the vivs every other day, maintenance of the feeders & mister systems working properly & buyers to sell to.....
20 fruit fly cultures going currently with more to come, three different discoid colonies thriving, ten different bean beetle cultures and trying to work on breeding my own crickets as well. I already run two different mist king systems in the house and a third is being hooked up to my 55 gallon RO reservoir. Misting systems aren’t very hard to maintain if your not running shit water and you hook them up properly. I’m sure there is plenty of work that I’m underestimating but I’m eager to hit the ground running. Selling them won’t be easy, I’m sure but we all have to start somewhere right? Didn’t you start out green?

Back
Top Bottom