Homemade enclosure, any opinion?

Fred02

Hello,
Please excuse me for my mistakes in the text, I am French and I do my best.
I have just built my flexarium, for my future furcifer pardalis ambilobe blue bar, in aluminum tube and made my furniture and wooden tray, I have just finished and I would like your professional opinion because it is my first chameleon and this is my first build
it is 43inch*28inch*60inch(height)
Light: LED spotlight 6500K CRI 90 100W 17000 lumens
Heat: spot 75W
UV: Arcadia pro T5 6%
Water: 2 misting nozzles

Hot spot temperature between 28 and 33° depending on the place he chooses under the spot
Under UVB neon, it may be between 15 and 25cm approximately.
I tried to put plants and branches inspired by the flexarium seen here and there.

I await your comments and remarks impatiently, the little one (9 months) arrives tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_181824.jpg
    IMG_20221016_181824.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20221016_181847.jpg
    IMG_20221016_181847.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20221016_181901.jpg
    IMG_20221016_181901.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 70
  • PANO_20221018_180704.jpg
    PANO_20221018_180704.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 74
I started to fill it yesterday, it was completely empty 2 days ago...
I don't know how the plants on the ground will evolve, but frankly they still have room to evolve towards the back of the tank.
I would like it to be bioactive, I just finished putting the soil, so I will add many woodlice and springtails when I find some

I started to fill it yesterday, it was completely empty 2 days ago...
I don't know how the plants on the ground will evolve, but frankly they still have room to evolve towards the back of the tank.
I would like it to be bioactive, I just finished putting the soil, so I will add many woodlice and springtails when I find some
How will you be managing drainage of excess water?

The wooden tub is completely covered with liquid natural rubber so that it is completely waterproof
Above there is a basin cover, with a pass wall at the bottom and a tap that protrudes on the left of the cabinet to purge any overflow of water.
Then layer of geotextile felt, 4 cm of clay balls, 2 layers of geotextile, then compost then coconut humus to finish

The wooden tub is completely covered with liquid natural rubber so that it is completely waterproof
Above there is a basin cover, with a pass wall at the bottom and a tap that protrudes on the left of the cabinet to purge any overflow of water.
Then layer of geotextile felt, 4 cm of clay balls, 2 layers of geotextile, then compost then coconut humus to finish
Wonderful! Sounds and looks like you have put a great deal of time and love into getting your chameleon set up for a successful and happy healthy life. 💗 🥰

Beautiful build and setup 👌🏻👌🏻 Keep an close eye on the schefflera, they grow pretty dense on top which take away all light for the bottom plants. This is a pretty sneaky process, which goes unnoticed until plants are starting to die. Just trim it back regularly and your good 👍🏻

Hello,
Please excuse me for my mistakes in the text, I am French and I do my best.
I have just built my flexarium, for my future furcifer pardalis ambilobe blue bar, in aluminum tube and made my furniture and wooden tray, I have just finished and I would like your professional opinion because it is my first chameleon and this is my first build
it is 43inch*28inch*60inch(height)
Light: LED spotlight 6500K CRI 90 100W 17000 lumens
Heat: spot 75W
UV: Arcadia pro T5 6%
Water: 2 misting nozzles

Hot spot temperature between 28 and 33° depending on the place he chooses under the spot
Under UVB neon, it may be between 15 and 25cm approximately.
I tried to put plants and branches inspired by the flexarium seen here and there.

I await your comments and remarks impatiently, the little one (9 months) arrives tomorrow.
Beautiful job.

Only things I am seeing are the basking temp.. Should be 27-29 no hotter than that. Then the UVB distance if this fixture sits on the screen should be 20-22 cm with a T5HO fixture and a 6% UVB bulb. THis will put the cham in the correct UVI exposure of 3.

27-29, it's the température on thé surface of the branch, or the température of the surface of the back of the furcifer ? Or the ambiant température on this branch ?

22cm for thé UV, between branch and Tube, or back of chameleon and Tube ?
Thanks a lot

27-29, it's the température on thé surface of the branch, or the température of the surface of the back of the furcifer ? Or the ambiant température on this branch ?

22cm for thé UV, between branch and Tube, or back of chameleon and Tube ?
Thanks a lot
I go with at the branch temp of 27 because where they rise up it is going to be a few degrees warmer.
It should be a measured 20-22cm distance between where the bottom of the fixture sits and the branch. Again where they rise up off the branch then puts them in the correct UVI exposure level. :)

the little one arrived last night, so you will tell me if this is normal, but he is very very calm, he moves very little, and is most often immobile. He looks perfectly healthy, his eyes have no problems and they are very mobile. Maybe it's because he's only been there for 24 hours...
A small photo in PJ, under the led spotlight, without any editing...
The spot makes the colors stand out well, but it's not far from reality

Attachments

• IMG_20221020_175748.jpg
    IMG_20221020_175748.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 61
the little one arrived last night, so you will tell me if this is normal, but he is very very calm, he moves very little, and is most often immobile. He looks perfectly healthy, his eyes have no problems and they are very mobile. Maybe it's because he's only been there for 24 hours...
A small photo in PJ, under the led spotlight, without any editing...
The spot makes the colors stand out well, but it's not far from reality
How old is this guy? Can you post some more pics for me please. It can be normal for them to not move around much since it is a new environment.

He is 8 months old
Some photos taken just now, he was a little scared, so he leaned on his right side....
Very pretty coloring. He has quite the girth to his casque to be so young... typically we do not see them so plump at this age.

He may feel very exposed right now since most of your larger plants are placed in the back of the enclosure. You might add some fake vines to the outside of the enclosure side panels so it gives the illusion of being more hidden for him.

over the last hour, he spent all his time precisely on the most exposed part, and was quite active in the end, covering well 60 inch in 1 hour...he is covering his new terra
The one he had been in for 2 months was a sales terra, made of glass, and above all much smaller
15inch*12inch*20inch...
It probably makes him feel weird about all this space and he discovers as he goes along. I'm not worried at the moment, indeed it's new for him, it's these first 24 hours...
Thank you for the compliments and see you soon for encouraging news I hope

Back
Top Bottom