Holy Cow! The most amazing cave you will ever see!!!

That cave is wonderful, but I never did hear him say where it was. Does anyone know where it is located? I doesn't look like a place most people would ever be allowed to go but it sure is fantastic.

I am pretty sure this was on the Blue Planet series. I don't think Joe Schmoo types are allowed to visit it (sorry I don't have sound at work if it says that).

Its located in Mexico. One thing that is really cool about it is that because it is typically under water and they have to pump the water out continuously to be able to visit it, the humidity is incredibly high. Combine the ultra high humidity with the temperature in the cave (over 100 degrees F) and you have a situation where when breath the air down there, the water in the air condensates in your lungs because they are cooler then the air and you can die if you breath down there for too long. Thats why the guy has an air tank.

Chris

Wow Chris, that's crazy. I still think it would be worth it to go down there with an air tank. Do you know if they do any type of tour?

Wow Chris, that's crazy. I still think it would be worth it to go down there with an air tank. Do you know if they do any type of tour?

Yeah that would be an awesome site to see!!! I have been to New Mexico a few times. The first time one of the places we went to was Carlsbad Caverns. I wouldnt compare it to the cave in the video but there were some really cool parts of the caverns.

Not sure about tours to be honest. Its called Cueva de los Cristales. I looked up the temp and the temp inside the cave is 136F with 90-100% humidity.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom