Holding grudges ?

Char.claugh

My new chameleon gets very angry and runs away when I mist his cage and turns to his ‘angry’ colours as soon as I put my hand and spray bottle inside the enclosure. I’m really worried this is gonna have an effect when I want to start handling and he’s just gonna associate me with being something to run away from. Does anyone know if that’s the case or if he’d be able to tell the difference between misting and handling or maybe even get used to misting.

My cham gives me the angry face when he gets misted sometimes and gets a little cranky then let’s me handle him the next day or even a few minutes later i dont think they really care that much

My new chameleon gets very angry and runs away when I mist his cage and turns to his ‘angry’ colours as soon as I put my hand and spray bottle inside the enclosure. I’m really worried this is gonna have an effect when I want to start handling and he’s just gonna associate me with being something to run away from. Does anyone know if that’s the case or if he’d be able to tell the difference between misting and handling or maybe even get used to misting.
Reptiles learn to tolerate things and people, but that doesn't mean that they trust you or anything like that. Just keep misting and occasionally try to hand feed a treat. But be patient and most of all be respectful to your cham as they are solitary creatures and don't like be handled.

Make sure you aren't misting him directly.. mist around him.

My boy has held grudges before, but not because of hand misting. Honestly I would invest in an automatic mister. Gives them privacy during misting sessions.

Back
Top Bottom