Hoehnelli babies

Blondey

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to raise baby hoehnelli chameleons. I have 3 now about 2 weeks old feeding on f.flies and springtails. Would also be interested in what to expect their growth rate to be.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to raise baby hoehnelli chameleons. I have 3 now about 2 weeks old feeding on f.flies and springtails. Would also be interested in what to expect their growth rate to be

Welcome to the forums

If you are located anywhere you can raise them outside for the summer I would recommend it, Morning and/or evening sun, 80ish in the shade mid day, a goodly supply of water and lots of food.
I use Repashy Calcium plus, very lightly every other feeding, so morning (9 AM) feeders very lightly dusted, no brunch dusting (11 AM), dusted lunch (1 PM) and no dust for end of day snacks. Now keep in mind I have heavily live planted cages outside, so if a cricket or 20 lives through the night it doesn't bother me, I worry more about the spiders that eat them making webs that trap my babies,

As for growth, they don't grow very fast, the females seem to grow a bit faster than males.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to raise baby hoehnelli chameleons. I have 3 now about 2 weeks old feeding on f.flies and springtails. Would also be interested in what to expect their growth rate to be.
I would like to add to Chameophlaged's good tips. Increase the prey size. They can easily eat 1/8 in. crickets from the get go. They are heavy baskers, so if you're raising them indoors they need a basking light, but as Robert said, don't let it get much above 80F.. They'll also need a UVB bulb indoors. A good drop in temperature at night is beneficial, 55F. or even lower if possible.

Back
Top Bottom