His first time

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
I pass this guys cage everyday and kept wondering, is he ready? Everytime I put a girl in with him....nothing. Well today was his day. The girl went in, he started bobbin so hard he slipped and fell off the branch:D:p. By the looks of her I think he did his job too. He is about 7 months and the gal is 11 months.

Drew

Attachments

• Oct271.JPG
    Oct271.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Oct272.JPG
    Oct272.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Oct273.JPG
    Oct273.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 84
I just got my year old Male to head bob the other day and that was such a relief. I was worried he was asexual and was never gonna be interested!! Congrats. He is gonna have some good lookin babies!

It is neat to see when they actually will want to mate. I had a group of CB Ambilobes that did not want anything to do with the ladies until 1.5 years of age. It was the exact opposite, like I was putting a male in their cage. Only wanting to kill the girls rather than mate. The really neat thing was I put my hand over his eys for a minute so he could not see her in his cage. Took my hand off then immediatly to the head bobbing. Like training dogs once they are fixated on something you need to break the mind set with touches, and noises. This case was hand over the eyes for a minute to get him out of the "I want to Fight" mode.

Back
Top Bottom