Hiccups?

jayraye2

I have a female veiled chameleon roughly 7 months old. I was handling her today and when instead of adventuring she hugged close to my arm. Like she does a branch. She also made what seemed like hiccups. She did not open her mouth and there was no pattern to it. You could feel her body move as it happened. She was not angry. She was a normal green for when she is taken out. It literally seemed like hiccups but I’m not sure. It was fairly late at night so maybe she just wasn’t happy??

I have a female veiled chameleon roughly 7 months old. I was handling her today and when instead of adventuring she hugged close to my arm. Like she does a branch. She also made what seemed like hiccups. She did not open her mouth and there was no pattern to it. You could feel her body move as it happened. She was not angry. She was a normal green for when she is taken out. It literally seemed like hiccups but I’m not sure. It was fairly late at night so maybe she just wasn’t happy??
I’m kind of a first time parent so everything worries me

I've never had that problem so I'm going to let the more experienced keepers chime in. but I'm almost 100% sure that chameleons can't have hiccups.

My veiled kind of vibrates when he's mad or irritated. It's possibly she just wanted to go to sleep. How close was it to her lights going out?
I think you are completely correct. I just always fear the worst. It was just right before lights went out for her. Thank you so much! It definitely makes sense, especially how she kind of got closer to me like she does when she sleeps!

I think you are completely correct. I just always fear the worst. It was just right before lights went out for her. Thank you so much! It definitely makes sense, especially how she kind of got closer to me like she does when she sleeps!
With a chameleon you should always fear the worst. Over half the time you're going to be wrong but still it's safer like that

I definitely agree! It’s like having a first born. Overcautious about everything! Which isn’t a bad thing!

Kida is my first reptile too! Time flies doesn’t it? How much has he/she grown in that time? I’ve always been around bearded dragons, but I was not prepared for all of the unknowns with chameleons. It’s so hard to find what’s best for them. I’m so grateful for this site and the people on it!

He has grown from head to tail about a foot-and-a-half stretched out.
15467037295497412265113984172790.jpg

He’s abosutely beautiful!!! And he’s a big boy! What size cage is he in now? This is my pride and joy at her calmest lol!

Attachments

• 47D8BE23-FAF9-4AD2-8B8E-71EF47E51B71.jpeg
    47D8BE23-FAF9-4AD2-8B8E-71EF47E51B71.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom