hibiscus

Something I am learning right now with my hibiscus is keep an eye out for aphids, and get rid of them asap.

I am still not sure if they are a danger to chams, but they are tiny and can't be good to have around everywhere.

They're no problem at all for chameleons. Aphids from plants have nothing to do with reptiles' parasites. No need to get rid of them... they're nice feeders for small chameleons like Bradypodion.

They're no problem at all for chameleons. Aphids from plants have nothing to do with reptiles' parasites. No need to get rid of them... they're nice feeders for small chameleons like Bradypodion.

Unless they are feeding on a toxic plant that can be passed on to your Cham if eaten. But I find that Hisbiscus do well when watered heavy and decent lighting.

I have a small one what was on deaths door, i recently installed a misting system on the enclosure and it sees 6-7 mistings a day and it has since bounced back and looks veryyy lush!

Jon, have you got plant lights on it too or just the usual ones? I ended up putting my hibiscus outside, but I'd love to bring it in again.

Jon, have you got plant lights on it too or just the usual ones? I ended up putting my hibiscus outside, but I'd love to bring it in again.

I have a grow light in a 18" fixture, not sure what bulb (i'll get the brand and type when i get home). I also run this household bulb as my basking light. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/271326/GE-Reveal-Bulbs-40-Watts-Pack/ ( it seems to have a higher lumens output than other bubls i have used b4).

They were also fairly cheap at my local CVS. It was $5.50 for a 4 pack.

My veiled can hardly climb on her hibiscus without a limb coming down with her, its kind of funny but she seems embarrassed when it happens and just ends up basking there like she meant to do it. She is still so tiny though, possibly my hibiscus is just wimpy? the leaves and been yellowing and falling off and cant get it to bloom and fill in:mad:

Lighting and water!!
This is a small Hibiscus i had in a small cage.
fedexgirl1.jpg

I then repotted 3 months later in my ExoTerra. It started to wilt, then i started watering it 5-6 times a day through mistings and it looks very lush.
lightingtank.jpg

i thought they liked less water?? Guess I was wrong i keep mine outside and gets plenty of sunshine, I'll start watering it more I suppose cause I've been keeping it dry.

i picked up 4 today and put 3 in the cage and keeping 1 out side just incase.
i have 2x 4' reef lights and 1x 4' plant light and 24'' ubv and basking light. it should be enough but time will tell.
i will post pics tomorrow after work.

couldnt sleep and have to be up in 3 1/2 hours :*(
been sick, poor me. at least it was for the weekend and i hope to get my temp back up before work. its been between 94-95.7 all weekend.
i went and backed in the sun for a few hours and got my temp up to 97 and did some yard work till the sun went down then my temp went back down to 94.7.
i think i prefer to have a fevor over this

play find Kazuma. he looks so small in his home.
is it bad that i have 50 feet of vine and want more in there for him.

IMG_0270.jpg

Back
Top Bottom