Hibiscus?

AndyRew

Are hibiscus plants hard to grow and maintain? Whats an easy hearty plant that will take up a lot of space in a cage?

I found hibiscus liked more light than I was providing at the time. they like moist soil but do NOT like to sit in water.
schefflera and pothos are easy to grow
pothos are hard to kill, in my experience.

thanks. but im looking for something with more sturdy branches that will support a chams weight. Any suggestions?

thanks. but im looking for something with more sturdy branches that will support a chams weight. Any suggestions?

My adult male panthers climb pothos vines without issue. But for bigger sturdier branches I use dead arbutus (Pacific Madrone) and various others. Perhaps consider a fruit tree (apple, citrus) - sorry I dont any have better suggestions for you.

Whats wrong with scheffleras? They have pretty sturdy branches. Some Dracaenas have sturdy branches.

Very sturdy. I had one in my Veiled's cage, and it was very sturdy. I went to a Hibiscus because they are a very bushy plant, and has a good amount of places to get out of the heat.

Back
Top Bottom