Hibiscus Rosa-Sinesis

Camille23

Looking to purchase this plant for my veiled chameleon as this was one of the choices of plants I can use for her cage. My question now is, is there anything I have to do with the plant before placing it in the cage with my chameleon?thanks in advance for the help.

image.jpg

Have lots of lighting. Hibiscus require LOTS of direct sunlight to thrive. The best thing to do is buy 2 of them and rotate from the outside to inside.

Very safe plant and pretty though. GL

i was told the same thing, to buy 2 and rotate, it's hard to keep them alive since their requirements and chams requirements for light do not exactly line up. i didn't get them because i was wondering what i am going to do with them in the winter when they drop all their leaves and have no booms, so i went with a ficus, and now its dying LoL. dangit!

I get the sunlight and all, but what I'm really asking for i guess is, like do I have to do anything to with the actual plant like insect prevention or something like that. These plants are sitting outside(Walmart has them for like $12+) and I didn't want to bring in unwanted insect and such. Pretty sure my chameleon would eat whatever it is, lol. But I just want to make sure that I can just buy one and place it in the cage without doing anything else to it.

Have lots of lighting. Hibiscus require LOTS of direct sunlight to thrive. The best thing to do is buy 2 of them and rotate from the outside to inside.

Very safe plant and pretty though. GL

Last edited:
LOL, got it!

i was told the same thing, to buy 2 and rotate, it's hard to keep them alive since their requirements and chams requirements for light do not exactly line up. i didn't get them because i was wondering what i am going to do with them in the winter when they drop all their leaves and have no booms, so i went with a ficus, and now its dying LoL. dangit!

i would definitely remove all soil from the plant. re-pot it in good clean sanitized soil. most chain stores use fertilizer and insecticides in and on the plants. so you will also want to bath the foliage. use dawn dish soap, in a bucket of warm water, swish the top of the plant in it for 5-10 minutes. then rinse the plant very well....

Make sure that you use screen or larger stones over the soil in your plant pots so your chams don't accidentally ingest any soil should they,"shoot"any insects over the pots..

I believe she has a female, so would make for a workable egg laying bin, if the pot was large enough.

Back
Top Bottom