Hibiscus pests

I often get large clusters of them because I have a colony of ants outside who farm them and so will move them to where the aphids are most useful and then the ants protect them like little heathens... I haven't seen many aphids this year though, which surprises me a lot. I never really get rid of them. I may blast them with the hose or reduce their numbers with some swipes of the hand, but I never reduce their numbers and don't use even natural pesticides for them. Though I have seen a lot of lady bugs around this year so maybe they are helping me out ^^

Lmao! Don't underestimate aphids, I'm sure there is a type of them out there that eats Michael's plants.

HOW DID YOU KNOW?!!! I should have never said anything!:eek::eek::eek:

Verrucosus aphids.jpg

Yup, I agree, aphids are wonderful feeders for baby chameleons! As long as no pesticides were used. I know a lot of people doing organic farming uses ladybugs to kill the aphids but just remember that ladybugs are poisonous to chameleons. Outside in my vegetable garden I make tea from tobacco and a drop of Dawn dish soap to kill aphids but you also can not do that with plants that your chameleon will be living on as nicotine can be absorbed through the skin and is dangerous to chameleons.

You can try using some products that you can get from stores nearby to you, but you should first check that the products you are buying should be eco-friendly so that it should not harm your plants as well your surrounding.

Back
Top Bottom