Hibiscus Frustration

I have a hydrofarm light meter. Most led start dropping in light out put after about 3 5 years. Depending on brand of led lights. I've tested the Josh fogs led bar and jungle dawn led bar. They put out same amount of light. Now on my fish tank. The led bulbs start dieing at 8 years. But that depends on brand of led bulbs used. I've had cheaper ones only last 3 years before dieing.

Reason I'm asking led house lights last about 2 weeks in our house. We bought a new washing machine it lasted a week. They said power surges fried it.

Reason I'm asking led house lights last about 2 weeks in our house. We bought a new washing machine it lasted a week. They said power surges fried it.
I think your problem will be the peaks in voltage output, when the power goes back on. But that’s f***** and I would check for a system to put in your fuse box, between your main power supply and the fuse box, to take away these peaks before the power gets passed on through your house.

We asked our Co Op about that. They wanted 1,500 up front and 200 a mouth service fee. Thats nuts

We asked our Co Op about that. They wanted 1,500 up front and 200 a mouth service fee. Thats nuts
Holy crap!! The bummer with electrical stuff till your fuse box, is the insure issue. It’s not that difficult to buy the stuff and do it yourself, however if something happens, you’re mostly uninsured.

Literally just started blooming this morning.... Like I could see petals but they had not opened yet. I was going to take a picture but I had to take my daughter to school. Came back to this.... Little brat ate it before I could get my dang picture.

IMG_7387.JPG

Hibiscus needs 5 hours of direct sun light a day and temps over 80 degrees, and umbrella plants are epiphytes-lithophytes in nature and require the same care as hibiscus, I wished people would listen!!

Hibiscus needs 5 hours of direct sun light a day and temps over 80 degrees, and umbrella plants are epiphytes-lithophytes in nature and require the same care as hibiscus, I wished people would listen!!
Ummm ok. I kinda feel like the "I wish people would listen" comment is rude. Especially if your wanting to help people.

AND if you looked through the thread. Adding the Jungle dawn LED lighting started them blooming in the enclosure... To the point where Beman is eating them before they open all the way.

Literally just started blooming this morning.... Like I could see petals but they had not opened yet. I was going to take a picture but I had to take my daughter to school. Came back to this.... Little brat ate it before I could get my dang picture.

View attachment 328011
Looks like you've got a couple more buds there. Going to have to catch them open up before Beman does!

View attachment 328011
Spongebob Squarepants Laughing GIF

Sorry, really sorry, but Beman you’re such a cool rascal 🤣🤣💪🏻
Great the Jungle Damn does it’s job 👌🏻

Ok so the

hibiscus is growing like crazy...

I think there might be hope for this bud to actually bloom since it is so high lol. Fingers crossed.

IMG_7798.jpeg

Now look how crazy they are growing. Beman seems happy with the tall overgrowth. I just went in and cleaned out the underbrush a bit as well. Excuse the dirty vinyl front. Having issues finding anything that is safe to clean it. Seriously thinking about redoing the front two panels with new vinyl material. But it is a pain to get it to lay in correctly so I am procrastinating it.

IMG_7799.jpeg

Yay! That is going to be one tasty bloom! 😃
I’ve heard of and tried toothpaste to get rid of scratches on acrylic - didn’t work on my deep scratches. Then there’s always vinegar if it’s a mineral build up.
Yeah it is the clear vynyl sheet that is like an extremely thick shower curtain so it flexes. I will try vinegar though. maybe it will help with her dang shot marks. I tried paper towels and warm water with dawn and it didn't take them off.

Back
Top Bottom