Hi i am new and i have a 2 month old chameleon

Pictures? To welcome the new members
20200314_100717.jpg

I give him his supplements a variety of food his temp is always good and I mist him and his plants every morning and night I dont know what is wrong

I’m no veiled expert but your little guy looks like he needs some groceries, you might try dumping a lot of dusted crickets loose in his cage. Don’ t use the feeder cup at first. Randomly scatter his crickets around his cage dumping them on vines and leaves. I’ve found when they are younger they wanna “hunt” not go to a plate and eat. I usually put WAY to many feeders in there cages when they are young and learning to help thier chance of getting full! It’s a learning experience and we have all been there. It’s a little pricey but it’s worth it to OVER FEED your Cham at first. Once they start eating good and are used to you, you can start using the cup and cutting back their food. At least that what’s worked for me. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

So sorry for his loss. He didn't look well in the first photo. Before you get another one you might want to go over your husbandry in case there were issues with it. Again...so sorry for your loss.

And if you have pics of when you first got him to compare the 2 week difference I'm sure would help

His diet did consist of carrots ,gutloaded crickets and super worms and wax worms ,his facial had white and brown , I handled every day for 5 minutes, water is mister and I hand misted him in the morning and night,male,from flchams,xl screening reptibreeze, temperature 70 to 80 , humidity 50 to 60 percent,lighting uvb and heat bulb night heat bulb at night,cage is in my room covers with blanket at night,

Dusted with what? Be specific...names of supplements and whether they contained vitamin D3 or prEformed vitamin A or phos...how often for each?

Gutloaded insects with what...just carrots?

No heat is needed at night unless the temperatures drop into the low 60's for hatchlings. Covering the cage completely with a blanket or only part? No lights should be on at night at all.

Dusted with what? Be specific...names of supplements and whether they contained vitamin D3 or prEformed vitamin A or phos...how often for each?

Gutloaded insects with what...just carrots?

No heat is needed at night unless the temperatures drop into the low 60's for hatchlings. Covering the cage completely with a blanket or only part? No lights should be on at night at all.
So what does everyone think of this? The picture from where he first got the chameleon doesnt look too unhealthy atleast not to me. Like kinyonga said you have to be more specific. Try answering the the questions more specific

Back
Top Bottom