Hi I’m boy George here’s my current situation

Leviwebb7

0A32C873-30A5-4307-A829-FB3714247403.jpeg
So this is boy George. I’m just starting out with 30x18x18 cage, a dwarf umbrella tree, misting bottle, calcium supplement for the crickets and Dubai’s. temp gauge, and humidity gauge , dual uvb and, 60w baking bulb soon to be 50w halogen. A uvb linear wil be replacing smaller uvb and led is coming soon for plant. I have hopes to build a bigger cage as well in the next six months. A reptirain misting system was given to me also soon to be upgraded with mistking. Also a timer for everything for 12 hour cycle including the mister. His poop and urates look good and healthy. Lastly the room fluctuates between 69'f lowest at night and 80’f during the day.
Two things I wonder is it okay to leave a cup with crickets and Dubai’s in cage? The jug I created was too big and stressed him out so I switched to a wide tall glass dish small. Humidity monitor has read about 40 for the last two days even though I personally most and the crap mister also mist as well! Plenty hydrated though according to his urate and seems very content and happy. Poop is solid as well.

B034B84F-576F-42E7-8617-3A91CD7D0C9A.png

First, welcome.

Second, this is posted in the wrong forum; not a killing thing, but you'll get more traffic (and faster) in General Discussion or Enclosures and Supplies.

For best results, copy/paste this questionnaire into a post, and fill in your answers/information. Include a photo of your enclosure from the lighting down to the substrate.

Third, that Reptisun LED UVB may not be what you think it is. ?‍♂️
It's got both LED plant lights and linear T5 UVB, but you'll likely do better with separate fixtures & lights for that purpose. You do want a linear T5 (5.0 or 6%) UVB that extends the full width of your (new larger) enclosure (the one you attached is only 18" nominal), and full-spectrum (instead of the red & blue of that Reptisun) plant lights.

If you'll fill out the questionnaire and re-post in one of the other groups with photo, the pros will go over your enclosure, make suggestions/recommendations, and answer any questions. ;)

Back
Top Bottom