Hi guys I have never seen a Yemen like this

With this sort of skin condition, would he not be able to bask under direct sun and high temps as a normal veiled would? Or is this a mystery til he gets older lol

Just don't know yet. I never give my babies access to the same temps as adults anyway and so far there don't seem to be any issues.
There will be more photos as she grows.:D

I do want to know what her parent looks like. BTW, be careful of UVB and even UVA. It may hurt your baby.

Awesome!!!

So would I who is he and how do I contact him?:D

here i am.

i’m generally w/ jay sick on this. genetic mutations happen relatively often, but the vast majority of the time they are negative mutations that harm the species. it is exceedingly rare for a mutation to advance a species, but when it does, it’s called evolution.

i think it’s fascinating and have frankly wondered w/ the rise of translucents how long before we really start to have potential for color or scale morphs, like leatherback or silkback beardies. since chameleons have such a massively slower reproduction cycle it will take longer for those traits to start appearing (assuming they do), but over time i expect the chameleon world will have some of the unusual morphs that we are seeing across herps lately. and i don’t mean just a locale cross.

i think it would probably behoove the OP to do some research on silkback care, as they often have serious shedding issues and UV sensitivity, along w/ easier trauma. i wouldn’t be surprised if some of the techniques that are being used w/ silky beardies may help here in the future. in terms of husbandry i would light the cage as per a “normal” veiled, but make sure there are plenty of shady spots as well. he will know where to go as long as you provide it. also, it’s possible that he could have more natural water loss through his skin so keeping hydration available would be particularly important as well.

too cool! i hope he survives, so far he looks really good in the photo. keep us apprised, and feel free to reach out to me if any weirdness or badness happens.

o-

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all regarding baby yemen pics you see something that's totally new. Congrats on the unique looking baby. I hope she makes it and we can all see how she develops and if she keeps those traits into adulthood.

amazing :D . i cant wait to see it adult :D .
offtopic ( i really want to see a veiled with panther colors , horns from jackson ,parson size and yellow eyes- i hope i will get to see that in my life and i will be happy :p)

amazing :D . i cant wait to see it adult :D .
offtopic ( i really want to see a veiled with panther colors , horns from jackson ,parson size and yellow eyes- i hope i will get to see that in my life and i will be happy :p)

That would be quite something.:D

soapie, i think it’s only fair that you show us some more photos……..this isn’t an everyday event!!

am i the only one hitting the refresh button in hopes of newly posted photos?:p

soapie, i think it’s only fair that you show us some more photos……..this isn’t an everyday event!!

Definitely not the only one..

I think people should be more excited about this. We get to learn how the baby turns out with such clear skin. it's interesting how that much clear skin could be such a mistake. we get to learn how it affects the animal too

I do it!

I subscribed to the thread to keep an eye on it!

I want to see how this baby girl turns out!

Sorry for the lack of posts, I am going through a life changing event at the moment as I have lost sight in one eye. Anyway, little girl is still alive she is finishing a shed at the moment so will post some pics when she is all finished. She is not the best at shedding I'm afraid, it is quite a slow process.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that!

It will be interesting to track her progress after shedding! Thanks for the update, especially considering that you have much more important things going on than to share stuff with us!

She is still an awesome looking cham! Sorry to hear about your health problems, here's wishing you well soon!

She is alert and seems healthy, eats and poos. Shedding is a problem. she is not growing a quickly as her sister either. I do wonder if she is just an underdeveloped hatchling? I will be honest I thought when she hatched she would only live a couple of days or so. But she is still hear after three months, and I will do all I have to to keep her going.:)

Back
Top Bottom