Hi all...Newbie here :-)

Camillesmum

Hi,

I'm Camille's mum, she is a Panther Chameleon who is a year old. She is our first reptile & we had absolutely no intention of buying one but we completely fell in love at first sight. We went away, researched the hell out of chameleons & went back a week later to buy her. We are still learning as we go along but so far so good. I've (hopefully) attached a pic of our set up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We are currently researching drippers as she isn't a big drinker. It seems like the Little Dripper hasn't got great reviews so any recommendations on that front would be fantastic.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170314_201823.jpg
    IMG_20170314_201823.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 118
Hello, she looks good :). I see a laying bin in there, but I can't see a uvb tube. I assume you have one, as you've done enough research to get the bin.
Anyway, just in case you missed it here is the sites basic caresheet - https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/
The only other thing I would say for now is that you have some plants round the outside of her cage, but not enough in the middle. Remember it is a 3D area for her, and more cover will make her feel safer. I also think a few thinner branches would be good.

Hi,

I'm Camille's mum, she is a Panther Chameleon who is a year old. She is our first reptile & we had absolutely no intention of buying one but we completely fell in love at first sight. We went away, researched the hell out of chameleons & went back a week later to buy her. We are still learning as we go along but so far so good. I've (hopefully) attached a pic of our set up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We are currently researching drippers as she isn't a big drinker. It seems like the Little Dripper hasn't got great reviews so any recommendations on that front would be fantastic.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)
Hello and welcome to Chameleon Fourms!
Anyways, this may VERY RARELY work for you but, what I did is put in a water bowl, because before I bought mine, his only way to drink water was from a bowl. One time I took it out and only used only my mister, and he got a Prolapse. Because he only went to poop in there, and if there was none in there, he would drink out of it.
But, please, just please, do not use a water bowl! My chameleon needed the bowl.
But in the meantime, good luck here on the fourms!

Welcome! I would look into a good misting system for the following reasons:

1. ensure you have good humidity.
2. ensure that your cham is well hydrated.
3. ensure that your cham has good hygiene.
4. you don't have to keep track of misting every day.
5. you have the freedom to leave a whole day without manually misting

Hello, she looks good :). I see a laying bin in there, but I can't see a uvb tube. I assume you have one, as you've done enough research to get the bin.
Anyway, just in case you missed it here is the sites basic caresheet - https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/
The only other thing I would say for now is that you have some plants round the outside of her cage, but not enough in the middle. Remember it is a 3D area for her, and more cover will make her feel safer. I also think a few thinner branches would be good.

Yes we do have a UV light but it was off for the pic. We also have the reflector to make sure that light isn't lost. I will put in some thinner branches and another plant in the middle. Thank you so much for the suggestions :)

Thank you all for your replies (y)

I will definitely be looking into all the misting systems. They look rather exciting I must say!

If you havent already, check out the resource page here on the forums. There quite a few great articles with lots of info and even specific caresheets. All the info has been submitted and approved by members of the forums.

Thank you for the suggestion, we put some thinner bamboo & extra plants in :) Camille seems to thoroughly like her new crib. I appreciate the help (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20170318_181659.jpg
    IMG_20170318_181659.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom