Hey guys new to forum

Sorry to hear about you corgi they're such sweet little dogs :(

Yea George was my buddy. I have a Rottweiler too,she was really sad and alone all day so I got her a buddy and she seems to be happy again,although my Dyson isn't as akitas and rotties like to spread the hair around

I should also note that the main idea for this cage was from reading norcalanthony's build,so props to him.

Cage is built,all that's left is sealing it,cutting the holes and slots up top for lights and decorating it :)

So the plan is to attach the mopani wood to the back wall and cradle some plants in them,I also have a few vines to attach to allow plenty of pathways for him to walk.
Mist king should be in today or tomorrow. Sealing it after work.

That is just so perfect! how are you going to attach the wood? There is a stuff called Great Stuff, an expanding foam, that you might want to look at. Not sure it would work for you, but it might. Do a great job on the cage, I may be coming out to steal it and to reef tank!!! lol I miss the reef tank I had in California. But that is not an option where I live.

That is just so perfect! how are you going to attach the wood? There is a stuff called Great Stuff, an expanding foam, that you might want to look at. Not sure it would work for you, but it might. Do a great job on the cage, I may be coming out to steal it and to reef tank!!! lol I miss the reef tank I had in California. But that is not an option where I live.
Thanks laurie! Very kind of you. I was thinking of using screws for outdoor applications of building and using the great stuff foam to kind of seal it off.
Yea I have alot in my reef tank currently,need to do a water change today before I start working on the cage more.

Also think I'm gonna cut a hole for a small fan to run on a timer to simulate a breeze for him

I decided to remove the wood top,I didn't want it there anyway but my buddy wanted it finished and covered, instead I will use light diffuser,don't know why I didn't think of it sooner,so it will allow good venting up top and allow good light passage. Problem solved.

So the weather cooperated enough to seal the cabinet,had to remove the screen though, so probably will replace it Friday or Monday, looks good though darkened it up some.
Also,due to dripping some sealer on the linoleum floor in the cage think I will pick up some loose large pieces of slate rock for the floor for a more natural look,may possibly put a plate of glass for the front door for clearer viewing :)
So top,and sides will be screened.

Welcome to the Forums. What a great looking Cham you have. The set up looks great as well. Everyone will have their own .02 on set-ups and what they like and dislike. I have had chameleons for 4 years now and I still love to do the trial and error. I am on like my 7th different feeder cup design, 20th different plant layout, probably 60th different branch layout for walkways. I keep going until something comes across that I love. Especially the lighting and misting. Everything is all electronic and although expensive it sure is cool to wake up and watch my chameleons cages come to life automatically. Enjoy this forum as I have learned so much. The only other thing I can advise is get alot of books. Alot of them repeat each other but most of them have their own unique information that I have found useful.

Welcome to the Forums. What a great looking Cham you have. The set up looks great as well. Everyone will have their own .02 on set-ups and what they like and dislike. I have had chameleons for 4 years now and I still love to do the trial and error. I am on like my 7th different feeder cup design, 20th different plant layout, probably 60th different branch layout for walkways. I keep going until something comes across that I love. Especially the lighting and misting. Everything is all electronic and although expensive it sure is cool to wake up and watch my chameleons cages come to life automatically. Enjoy this forum as I have learned so much. The only other thing I can advise is get alot of books. Alot of them repeat each other but most of them have their own unique information that I have found useful.
Thank you! Yea I've been in the reef hobby a good while now too,you wanna talk about eveyone having their own opinion lol especially on lighting haha. I run a led system on my reef that simulates Whitsunday, Australia. Cloud cover,lightning and lunar cycles. I should actually be finished the enclosure tonight. I'll move him into it Friday probably to make sure the vocs have aired out from the sealent. Thanks for the reply and look forward to the forum,and thanks for the kind words!

Also yes I have a number of books for chameleons currently and in the past,I've been putting off owning one for 25 years haha

Back
Top Bottom