Hey Guys! Flax Seed?

Chameleon Crazy Chick

Established Member
So, today is an exciting day!
Around 1 month and a half ago, I put superworms inside deli cups inside my headboard (secret compartment! Woohoo!) And around 2 weeks ago 7 of them pupated. Yay! Today I checked on them and 4 have turned into beetles, which means that it is "Setting Up the Superworm Colony And Hoping They Don't Die" Day. I know superworms eat wheat germ, but I don't have any. I do have flax seed, however. Can they eat that? Will they stay healthy?
Thanks!

I'm not- I'm cleaning chameleon houses so having fun.
Congratulations on "Setting Up the Superworm Colony And Hoping They Don't Die" Day, (y)
It's super-worm super exciting, I remember the excitement of finding my first fruit fly maggots in my cultures only too well ! and finding baby banana roaches- it's great.
I don't know the answer to the flax question but wanted to say well done! Did you ever get the dubias? or are they stashed somewhere esle?
I'm sure someone will answer and tell you what they need to eat soon:)

They probably will, but I would recommend oats over bran or other options. Thin slices of apple or oranges, and you will get lots of babies, but it seems to take forever!

CHEERS!

Nick

To reply to your question, @Twitchet, i did indeed get permission for the dubia colony! I got permission around a week ago, but have yet to set up the colony. That's high up on the to-do list, tho.

Back
Top Bottom