Hey everyone check out our new feeder Katydid we are working with

He was an adult wild caught and ate lizards regularly. He saw one Jerusalem cricket and seemed to say I think 'm going to pass.

Lee how does the juveniles katydids look? You may want to feed them out instead of the adults.

They are a lot less spikey they get there spikes on there last molt. That was what I was thinking to just to be safe.

Lol because I dont want to loose it they are fast real fast :) I need to post a pic of my giant wide horn hisser in my hands that thing kind of freaks me out its even bigger. And yeah man they are all around and that isn't nothing we got stick bugs that are about 8in. Long and as thick as my ring finger. I am going to collect some of those this weekend and start a colony with them too :).... Also we have a grass hopper here that I haven't caught yet because they fly really well that is bigger then this katydid :) everthing is bigger in TEXAS lol.

Where? Back in San Antone?

Good luck, they're almost impossible to breed and vicious. They'll attack anything that even looks edible. Mine would tackle prey 2 and 3 times their size.

Humm maybe the people you know don't know how to do it my buddy here has been breeding raising and feeding them for years to all his reptiles. And they lay like a 1000 + eggs ....

LOL aint going to lie...i dont think i would be holding that beast either :)

Dont worry Genesis will get his day.

hahah i hear ya..grab, scream like fire ants gotcha, throw and hope to god it made it through a mach1 crash into the bucket..!

Oh my! They are evil looking. :eek:

Yeah they are kind of freaky looking...... I hope I can get over my small fear of them so I can work on making them a feeder. But if i can't then I will just go get the giant stick bugs :) your parsonii boy and girl would love these Texas giant stick bugs ;)

damn those are awesome. when you have a lot you should send me a few males/females for cash so i can get a colony going myself!

Back
Top Bottom