He's Still Got It...

chams1

Well, my boy's still got it. I had my nearly 8 year old Nosy Be, Nano, sitting outside on the deck in a large schefflera tree that has been his favorite for a few years now. I haven't had to worry much about him going anywhere the past year or so because he is well into his geriatric stage and doesn't care to move around much but he loves just sitting and soaking up the sun. Well, I went to do my "well-being" check on him and..... where's Nano? I saw just a bit of movement within a bunch of baby scheffleras (just below it) that I've been growing and sure enough.... a big patch of blue! He was like, "what?"

100_2905.jpg

He is a lovely cham and 8 years old! Wow, that is great. Guess he will need to be in a cage outside now.:( You sure don't want to lose a guy like that.

That is awesome. I hope some of mine can live to be 8. Thats a great accomplishment. Oldest cham ive ever seen in person was a male veiled that was about 7.5 yrs old.

I love nosy be's! Wow 8 years! Thats amazing! From this pic, his blues look like they are just stunning.

Thanks! Nano is my main man and he loves to give "kisses". He likes to ride around on my shoulder and if you sit down, he will come put his front paws on your face and will rest his nose/mouth on your mouth and give you "kisses". He has always been a sweetheart, but he was not as aggressive as he needed to be with the ladies - they would toy with him always. :p

Here's the last good pictures I took of him from last summer in his favorite tree (he just turned 7 - I think I may have posted these pics before). He has developed a couple of growths on his head and face since then and, even though he's not as mobile as he used to be, he's still my man. :)

Nano.1.jpg

Nano.2.jpg

I have a 6 foot ficus sitting on my balcony facing west... Id love to take him out there very once in a while to bake in the sun, but he just does not want to climb on my hand for transportation. I noticed that I can lure him in with a superworm. But then again its like 100 + degrees outside. better stay in for now.
I bet natural sunlight greatly improves lifespan of a chameleon in captivity.

Back
Top Bottom