HE'S STILL ALIVE! Help needed Immediately!

Take it easy for the moment. No need to start cleaning until you get results back on the other animals. This is a difficult thing to deal with, and you need to get fecals ASAP in order to know exactly how to move forward. If in fact you find that others have it, and I would not treat unless they show up positive as the meds are harsh, you will need to get lots of 40 strength peroxide to start disinfecting cages. Luckily it is cheap. Let us know how it goes.

So sorry for your loss. I was hoping for him to pull through. I hope all your other chams are healthy. Hope you feel better too. I wish they best for you and your chams.
Zac

Cause?

She said he tested positive for coccidia. Will be treating my other chams for it and disinfecting cages. I caught a bad cold this weekend so lack the energy.

I know a little about Coccidia through my job (and I mean a little). I've come across it with the hoof stock I have worked with but haven't looked in to its application in reptiles. Did your vet advise what the source of this parasite could be? I've seen it devastate a chinchilla sanctuary too.

I would imagine you have been very unlucky (I hope) but I'm going to ask my VET about it. I also need to find out about worming regimes for my Chameleon. I'll check previous posts in the forum and if the thread isn't there I'll jolly well start one.

Sorry about you loss and I do hope you get all the others sorted before they are threatened.

Back
Top Bottom