Here's what I've been working on.

ChappyMcChap

This is my rack system for the juveniles I have. By far all around best for space, drainage and lighting concerns for those of us keeping indoors. The racks are fr home depot or cost co. Only chad from tiki tiki reptiles carries the cages sized to
Make this work unless you build your own. I love it so far. This is my third and hopefully final redesign. Also I built the drainage troughs out of corrugated PVC and silicone. With 1/2" PVC drainin into the bottom tray from top and a small reptiflo pump to pump out the water and into a water jug. Works great! Lemme know if you guys have any questions. Oh yeah, I also got another 1.1 pair. So now I'm up to 1.2 ambanjas, 2.3 ambilobes and a bakers dozen created geckos with 4 eggs cooking. Anyways onto the pics!
1F392E02.jpg
DEB68B6A.jpg
33A2A7FD.jpg

Very nice set up! I seen those cages Chad had and thought about it:rolleyes: But ive got too much goin on right now to set up that many more cages! Lol.
You should check out what Kevin from aquazamp(Summoner12) has set up drainage wise, its all automatic, using float valves and pumps. :)

I couldn't find that thread, or anything other than the float switch on their website. Though I do like that ro filter they have as well. Wonder if it would work on my mistking set up? Link me to that thread if you can.

nice, so what are uou doing with the drainage pump? setting it to a timer?

i could see that being just as effective as a float switch if you spend the time to figure out when all the water has drained into the basin from waterings and how long it needs to run to empty it out.

I just plug it in every other evening and it has the basin drained out in less than 15 minutes. It definitely is a time saver. Everything stays a lot cleaner too because I can clean the cages more easily.

Very cool setup you have there. I'd love to have something similar but I'm just now starting to get back to owning chams and am trying to start off slow so I don't scare my wife lol.

Back
Top Bottom