Here is a question???

We do what we can on a limited time. We aren't home all the time, sometimes we are home for maybe an hour tops.

I dont have a fear of the crickets getting the Chameleons because the crickets always are on the other side of the cage. When the chameleons go towards them the crickets move away. None ever stay.

so you have vitamin residue all over your plants? huh...that sounds like a waste of money to me. i know when i was giving my male his liquid vitamins i would mix it a small cup and a Hour later it would all settle to the bottom.

well then its my choice to waste money, because its what works.

We do what we can on a limited time. We aren't home all the time, sometimes we are home for maybe an hour tops.

I dont have a fear of the crickets getting the Chameleons because the crickets always are on the other side of the cage. When the chameleons go towards them the crickets move away. None ever stay.

Chameleons "pass out" at night, and there are many reports of crickets chewing them up and the chameleon never woke up. No one is trying to argue with you. I may be wrong, but it does not seem that you have had these chameleons too long. It seems that you want to do the best for them. It may take several months before your chameleons show signs of illness or MBD. To say you have limited time makes many people think that chameleons are not the right animal for you to keep.

Lol. Why is it that everythign is wrong if it isnt what they do?

There are people on here with 20 years of experience in keeping chams. They have had their trials and failures and have learned what is best. It is obvious what will happen when people do the "wrong" thing. People get concerned because they care about the animals.

There are people on here with 20 years of experience in keeping chams. They have had their trials and failures and have learned what is best. It is obvious what will happen when people do the "wrong" thing. People get concerned because they care about the animals.

But if it is working for her doesn't mean it has to work for anyone else.

Chameleons "pass out" at night, and there are many reports of crickets chewing them up and the chameleon never woke up. No one is trying to argue with you. I may be wrong, but it does not seem that you have had these chameleons too long. It seems that you want to do the best for them. It may take several months before your chameleons show signs of illness or MBD. To say you have limited time makes many people think that chameleons are not the right animal for you to keep.

Well the crickets leave the chameleon alone. dunno why, or whatever but they do. its not like i'm not feeding the crickets while they are in the cage. maybe its the fact that they have other things to eat besides the giant chameleon.

i have had them since late september and early november. i am the one trying to make sure they are healthy, my bf thinks that they are perfectly fine the way they are. when i asked if we could start fixing their cages he looked confused and asked me why.

so yeas, i am on here trying to better my BFs reptiles, because i can't stand to see him get upset over losing another reptile. (we had a lizard and the pet shop told us to use a certain bedding and the reptile ate it and died 5 days later)

But i do apologize if some people do not agree with what I do to take care of them as of now. because i am doing the best i can with everything else goind on.

Well they are more senior members they know what they are talking about you've been here only for like two days. I wouldn't want to start a fight if I were you.

I'm not starting a fight I was just saying. Just because I'm not a senior member doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Lol. Why is it that everythign is wrong if it isnt what they do?

well. This is after all a forum for chameleon's care.
All of us here learn from trial and error.
We care about these animals and will keep giving advise that best benefit your chameleon.

Julirs, vegasChad, Justin, and others are very knowledgeable in caring for this animals.
But, off course, in the end it's ultimately up to you whether you are going to follow the advise or not.
everything that they say about gutloading and the risk leaving all the crix inside of the cage are true.

I hope you are willing to set aside your ego and do the best for your chameleons' sake.

well. This is after all a forum for chameleon's care.
All of us here learn from trial and error.
We care about these animals and will keep giving advise that best benefit your chameleon.

Julirs, vegasChad, Justin, and others are very knowledgeable in caring for this animals.
But, off course, in the end it's ultimately up to you whether you are going to follow the advise or not.
everything that they say about gutloading and the risk leaving all the crix inside of the cage are true.

I hope you are willing to set aside your ego and do the best for your chameleons' sake.

But it's not even my Cham lol

I was on here to get help on how to set up the cages. someone asked how people fed. I thought I would share. I don't need a lecture because I felt like sharing the way that I fed the Chameleons

I am sorry if you guys don't agree with the way I take care of them. But its how it is, and its been that way for almost 6 months now.

But it's not even my Cham lol

yes. you are right. it's not my chameleon.
So feel free to do whatever you feel right. After all, i'm not the one who's paying for their food.
sigh..

sorry, leoman. For all the fuss :)
I hope you get the gist of your Q answered?

if you own a cricket keeper, chances are you have the black tube.
I just let the crix climb up the tube, and gently tap the crix into the cup. (if you don't have the tube, some people use toilet paper roll)
You can choose a higher cup so the crix won't be able to jump out.
Chameleon's tongue can extend about 1.5 times of their body. So, i don't think he would have difficulty getting the crix.
At some point you might want to patch the net. because ideally, free roaming is the best way to feed your little guy :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom