Help!

coffeeguy89

I awoke this morning to find Yoshi having some sort of eye problem. He can't seem to open is left eye all the way. It's open ever so slightly, and I know he can slightly see with it since the eye will follow my finger when I move it. But the eye stays mostly closed and I can tell it's bothering him. PLEASE HELP!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 17 month old Ambanja male under my care for almost a year
Handling - 1-2 times a week to move him to his free range
Feeding - Crickets, dubia, superworms, waxworms, hornworms, silkworms, blue bottle flies. An average of 5-6 feeders a day, most gutloaded with a mix of spirulina, bee pollen,dried kelp and brewers yeast along with apples, carrots, oranges and dark leafy greens
Supplements - Rep-cal calcium without d3 every other feeding. Rep-cal calcium with d3 and herptivite twice a month
Watering - Mistking running 5-7 min 4 times a day. He also drinks directly from his spray bottle every morning
Fecal Description - Most yet firm dark brown with a white urate. never tested for parasites.
History - Purchased from Scremeleons last summer

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 all screen
Lighting - linear reptisun 5.0 changed every 6 months, linear 5500k, 12/12 light cycle
Temperature - 86F basking, 70-72F at the bottom, 65-70 nighttime, measured digitally
Humidity - 50-60% as a result of automatic mister. measured with an analog gauge
Plants - Umbrella tree
Placement - About 2 feet off the ground in a low traffic corner of my room. No near by air vents
Location - Saint Charles, Illinois

Current Problem: Eye not opening

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 145
Your setup and husbandry seems great. Id say take him to the vet. Is there any discharge or stuff like that around the eye?

same problem i had with Dio a few times. Suggest rinsing with a gentle saline solution and putting him the shower on a plant so that he can hydrate and clean his eye. Then i would get him to the vet to get some antibiotic drops. It won't be expensive at all, but if you let it go to long it will affect his eating and overall health.

tiki reptiles one of the sites sponsors sells eye ointment for that problem. if you can't get him to the vet soon call them up and see if that ointment can help.

tiki reptiles one of the sites sponsors sells eye ointment for that problem. if you can't get him to the vet soon call them up and see if that ointment can help.

I sent them an email regarding that ointment. Since I'm pretty much working during the day for the next week idk if I can make it to the vet anytime soon. He also opened his eye about an hour ago, here's some pics. It doesnt look too bad, but he does have a little bit of build up around the edge of his eye lid. I'm considering making a dripper and running it a few hours a day so he can clean his eye out.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom