Help

Put my pair of chameleons to breed of and on for about 6 weeks now. My female seems to be a bit fat now and is spending lots of time on the bottom of her cage. Why??? I just added soil today so she can lay her eggs anything I should know.

We need a little more information to really help, like what kind of chameleon, how old they are, when exactly you put them together, what kind of laying bin you are using. Many species lay eggs 30 days after breeding, and if you had them together 6 weeks ago she could be or could be on her way to being eggbound.

Chameleon is a veiled. She is 1 1/2 years old. I put male and female together for the first time about 6 weeks ago then again two weeks ago and also this weekend. I laid a plastic container and soil. She sat in it for a about an hour and is now back at the top of her cage. No eggs yet plz help.

How big is the container? It should be 10" or 12" deep, and have a similar diameter. Soil should be moist enough to stick together, but not so much that it is soggy.

Back
Top Bottom