help

Tifanydalpont

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male, and 7 months of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?5 months

Handling - when he want out i let him crawl on my hands and then back in the cage

Feeding - crickets large and small, pheniox worms, superworms, wax worms.every day usually crickets but i hace to switch it up cuase he gets bored. 11am and 5 pm. commercail gut load and carrot and collard greens

Supplements - zoomed reptivite with and without vitmin d3, and zilla multivitamin spray. 4day with d2, 1 day nod3 and 1 day multi

Watering - mist in mouth twice a day

Fecal Description - large compacted brown stool and white uringe. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. going through puberty????just sheaded

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 30x18x18
Lighting - repti glo 5.0 uvb,on 6am to
Temperature - cage floor 70 to basking spot95
Lowest overnight temp70
How do you measure these temps? since i got him
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?60
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? live hibiscus plant
What do you use to measure humidity? humidity gadge
Plants - Are you using live plants?hibiscus
Placement - Where is your cage located? near kitchen table by the window At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 4 feet
Location - Where are you geographically located? losangeles

Current Problem - not eatting or pooping for a week and a half and now his very angery and agressive. if his sees me enter the room he hisses

dont know if its the cause but i would be careful using reptivite it contains 99910iu of vitamin a and it is easy to overdose on vitamin a which can lead to edema and other health problems

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male, and 7 months of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?5 months

Handling - when he want out i let him crawl on my hands and then back in the cage

Feeding - crickets large and small, pheniox worms, superworms, wax worms.every day usually crickets but i hace to switch it up cuase he gets bored. 11am and 5 pm. commercail gut load and carrot and collard greens
HE NEEDS HEAT TO DIGEST FOOD, FEEDING A 5PM GIVES HIM NO TIME TO PROPERLY DIGEST

Supplements - zoomed reptivite with and without vitmin d3, and zilla multivitamin spray. 4day with d2, 1 day nod3 and 1 day multi
YOU MAY BE GOING A GOOD BIT HEAVY ON THE D3 TRY 1ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS AND SEE IF YOU CAN GET HIM OUTSIDE OF A HOUR OR SO A DAY

Watering - mist in mouth twice a day
MIGHT ADD A DRIPPER WHEN YOU ARE NOT HOME, BUT HE DOESN'T SOUND DEHYRATED

Fecal Description - large compacted brown stool and white uringe. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. going through puberty????just sheaded

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 30x18x18
Lighting - repti glo 5.0 uvb,on 6am to
ON 6AM TO WHEN????
Temperature - cage floor 70 to basking spot95
Lowest overnight temp70
How do you measure these temps? since i got him
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?60
IS YOUR HUMIDITY ALWAYS THE SAME? YOUR GAGE MAY BE BAD
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? live hibiscus plant
What do you use to measure humidity? humidity gadge
Plants - Are you using live plants?hibiscus
Placement - Where is your cage located? near kitchen table by the window At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 4 feet
Location - Where are you geographically located? losangeles

Current Problem - not eatting or pooping for a week and a half and now his very angery and agressive. if his sees me enter the room he hisses

These are just some of my ideas, hope they help

These are just some of my ideas, hope they help
I'm hoping his lighting isn't 6-6, then yes, feeding at 5pm would be bad.
If it was 6-8, feeding at 5pm would be fine.
So it's hard to say for sure if 5pm feedings are really that bad.

Also your reply is kinda hard to read, [/quote] and
aren't hard to use.

Last edited:
Your lizard maturing and about this time its eating will slow down some. A week or so between poo is no big deal provided its sufficiently hydrated.
Its behaviour is defensive and normal.

:)

still no poop

no substrate...papertowels at the bottom...i always put crickets in the morning around 11 but when i come home around 4 or 5 and notice they haven't been eatten i'll give him a waxworm treat....his light is on at 6am off at 6pm ...it was at 7pm until he started sleeping on the floor at night for about a month now and noticed around 5:30 he would start to get ready for bed, like a cat curling up in a ball on the floor waiting for the light to go off. and he sit there for a hour and a half so thats why it goes off at 6pm.

thanks every one!!! he finally went today..... one other thing is his been hanging out on the bottom of his cage????im thinking he wants more coverage

That might be. You might also lower the basking temp. Try 90 degrees and see how he does. I know many keep their males with basking temps between 85 and 90.

If he stays at the bottom of the cage, that suggests there's a problem. You might need to take him to a vet.

the cage temp is 70 and basking light it the uvb light which is 95 degrees where i have a vine.. his just hanging out on the floor a lot. i was him a little off the floor earlier though

Back
Top Bottom