HELP

Levi's

Yesterday when I got home late I noticed my chameleons spine looks damaged. Does this look like a burn injury?

Attachments

• 20220717_102442.jpg
    20220717_102442.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220717_102030.jpg
    20220717_102030.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 26
This is a severe burn.... You need a vet and you need to get silver sulfadiazine cream and possibly antibiotics. Without treatment infection is highly likely.

Lift heat lamps up off the cage. Should not be any warmer than 80-85 max for him. Judging by how extreme this injury is this to me would be from continuous burning to that area...

This is a severe burn.... You need a vet and you need to get silver sulfadiazine cream and possibly antibiotics. Without treatment infection is highly likely.

Lift heat lamps up off the cage. Should not be any warmer than 80-85 max for him. Judging by how extreme this injury is this to me would be from continuous burning to that area...
Is there anything I can do besides fixing the light until I can get him to a vet? It's Sunday and Noone is open

Is there anything I can do besides fixing the light until I can get him to a vet? It's Sunday and Noone is open
You can put plain neosporin on it. The kind without pain meds in it. But it is going to be extremely painful for him. The neosporin is thicker and will be harder to spread with a q tip. Be extremely gentle and do not pull at the part that is falling off.

When you go to the vet ask for the silver sulfadiazine cream too.

You can put plain neosporin on it. The kind without pain meds in it. But it is going to be extremely painful for him. The neosporin is thicker and will be harder to spread with a q tip. Be extremely gentle and do not pull at the part that is falling off.

When you go to the vet ask for the silver sulfadiazine cream too.
OK I will do that thank you very much.

OK I will do that thank you very much.
How is he? Did you get your heat lamp up off the cage? When you call vets in your area it is preferable to go to one with chameleon experience. But if none have that you want one that at least knows reptiles. Take note of the cream I recommended. Make sure they give you that. It will not only treat the burn and calm the irritation but it will help with underlying infection that can take hold.

How is he? Did you get your heat lamp up off the cage? When you call vets in your area it is preferable to go to one with chameleon experience. But if none have that you want one that at least knows reptiles. Take note of the cream I recommended. Make sure they give you that. It will not only treat the burn and calm the irritation but it will help with underlying infection that can take hold.
He is going in to the vet today, I hope it isn't too late to Maybe save that price of him. But I have sense fixed the heating situation

Back
Top Bottom