HELP

A female should dig a hole, turn around butt don, lay the eggs, fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches.

Like this...

Last edited:
With the viv she is in there wasn't much substate on the bottom to dig a big while but she did dig as much of a while as she could. She did turn into it also. So covered the eggs up and patted them down she laid on them then this morning and on and off through the day. This evening for a few hours she came up top on the branches then went back down. She is back up no sleeping on a vine.
My boyfriend got them out with his hand.
The majority of the eggs are still in with her atm as she has been on then on and off through the day my boyfriend is going to attempt to get the remaining eggs out now while she is sleeping

Good idea to get the eggs out while she's sleeping. How many did she lay? Are you going to incubate them if they are fertile? If so you should have the container set up before you dig the eggs up so they can go in he container right away and not dry out.

For the container, a shoebox sized Tupperware type container with a lid will do. Then, for a substrate to lay the eggs on, you need slightly moistened coarse vermiculite or other substrate that is meant for incubating chameleon eggs on. You will make dents with your thumb in rows in the substrate in the container and you will place the eggs in the dents. Put the lid on and place the container where the temperature is about 74F.

you said..."No,no there was a small pile in the corner of viv"...so she laid some eggs in the hole and buried them and some in a pile in the corner?

20210712_000147.jpg

Attachments

• 20210712_000026.jpg
    20210712_000026.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 43
I've never used that to incubate eggs in so I can't tell you for sure if it will work sadly. I would use the coarse type of vermiculite barely moist.

Some look like they might be fertile...some are not likely. Some have a bit of an odd shape to them...not sure why that is.

I would incubate them and see what happens.

I've never used that to incubate eggs in so I can't tell you for sure if it will work sadly. I would use the coarse type of vermiculite barely moist.

Some look like they might be fertile...some are not likely. Some have a bit of an odd shape to them...not sure why that is.

I would incubate them and see what happens.
Thank you so much for all help.

She said in one of her posts the previous owner didn’t have much info on her so that tells you he didn’t know.
Right but no one asked how long they have had her.... So if she was 6 months and was mated then the fertile clutch would come shortly after. However 6 months is very young for a female to even go through a receptive phase if she actually was 6 months when they bought her.

No one has asked anything about the enclosure.... They do not incubate eggs... So if she is laying on them she either is having issues or still trying to get more out.

Something else to consider... IF fertile should they really be hatching out babies???? Do they have the financial means to support 15-20 enclosures with correct lighting and the feeders it will take for the first 3 months until they can find homes.

Last edited:
Right but no one asked how long they have had her.... So if she was 6 months and was mated then the fertile clutch would come shortly after. However 6 months is very young for a female to even go through a receptive phase if she actually was 6 months when they bought her.

No one has asked anything about the enclosure.... They do not incubate eggs... So if she is laying on them she either is having issues or still trying to get more out.

Something else to consider... IF fertile should they really be hatching out babies???? Do they have the financial means to support 15-20 enclosures with correct lighting and the feeders it will take for the first 3 months until they can find homes.
My chameleon kiwi was 6 months when we got her, she is 9 n half months now. She was laying on them shortly, but was also patting them down. She has come back up the top of her enclosure now, but has been sleeping all day (is this normal, for a chameleon after laying)
I have bought hatchirite for the eggs and atm they are In a seal tight container (which may I add was disinfected with reptile disinfectant first) with the substate from kiwi's enclosure. Her enclosure by the way is standard size 3ft by 2ft, she has lost of ivy coverage, lots of vines to walk on, plenty on places to hide.
Yes financial it would be a struggle but I would do it and would have support to do it. If I have babies they will be well looked after just like kiwi is well fed and looked after.

My chameleon kiwi was 6 months when we got her, she is 9 n half months now. She was laying on them shortly, but was also patting them down. She has come back up the top of her enclosure now, but has been sleeping all day (is this normal, for a chameleon after laying)
I have bought hatchirite for the eggs and atm they are In a seal tight container (which may I add was disinfected with reptile disinfectant first) with the substate from kiwi's enclosure. Her enclosure by the way is standard size 3ft by 2ft, she has lost of ivy coverage, lots of vines to walk on, plenty on places to hide.
Yes financial it would be a struggle but I would do it and would have support to do it. If I have babies they will be well looked after just like kiwi is well fed and looked after.
No, it is not normal at all after laying. Something is off. How many eggs did she lay? Can you see anymore lumps low in her abdomen? I seriously doubt if the eggs are fertile that is a long period of time between getting her and laying if she was mated. They will start molding over if they are infertile.

Can you fill out this form with detail and add pictures of your supplements and your cage including the lighting on top? Just copy and paste it into your form to fill it out. Then we can give you more spot on help.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom