HELP!!

Sewellau1

So I got my veiled mail Chamaeleon out today for the first time which she was very eager about. I did this in order to clean his cage and add a new plants. He was in a box and escaped and was climbing all around my room. After a struggle I finally got him back in. An hour ago I went to add in a new stick and he jumped out from his cage onto my carpet which is luckily very fluffy and started running around my room. He was climbing over all my furniture and I finally got him back in with the help of my dad. He is not scared of people at all but is very adventurous. Now I’m scared about feeding him in the mornings because every day it seems he gets more and more outgoing. Even this morning he got out of the cage when I was feeding him and onto the table. What am I going to do??

So I got my veiled mail Chamaeleon out today for the first time which she was very eager about. I did this in order to clean his cage and add a new plants. He was in a box and escaped and was climbing all around my room. After a struggle I finally got him back in. An hour ago I went to add in a new stick and he jumped out from his cage onto my carpet which is luckily very fluffy and started running around my room. He was climbing over all my furniture and I finally got him back in with the help of my dad. He is not scared of people at all but is very adventurous. Now I’m scared about feeding him in the mornings because every day it seems he gets more and more outgoing. Even this morning he got out of the cage when I was feeding him and onto the table. What am I going to do??
Umm... be more careful? Now that you know this is a very real possibility, I think you'll need to be more attentive to her location and body language when you open the enclosure (i.e, keep your head in the game). This is a lesson learned by every keeper of a small fast pet (hamster, lizard, frog, ferret.... etc. etc.)

Be careful with him falling.
Most people have problems with their chameleons being stand offish...it's not nearly s common to have such a friendly one!

Do you free range the insects?
No but when so feed him I have their enclosure near me and he knows when I do and will now leave his enclosure to get as close to me as possible. I’m so lost about what to do because of how he acts with us.

Umm... be more careful? Now that you know this is a very real possibility, I think you'll need to be more attentive to her location and body language when you open the enclosure (i.e, keep your head in the game). This is a lesson learned by every keeper of a small fast pet (hamster, lizard, frog, ferret.... etc. etc.)
I am very careful about him and worry a lot about doing everything right. Now it’s got me worried about how comfortable he has gotten with me and my family. Wants to explore around my room and literally LEAPED out of me cage when I opened it. I’m lucky my carpet is a really fluffy one because he didn’t hurt himself but wow. He’s a different breed for sure (joking)..

Look at your cage and see if there is something that is making him want out. Too hot or cold? misting enough? not misting enough. Maybe looking for a female....how old is your chameleon?

Look at your cage and see if there is something that is making him want out. Too hot or cold? misting enough? not misting enough. Maybe looking for a female....how old is your chameleon?
All the temperatures and everything is good. I have a mister that’s set on a timer throughout the day. I just rearranged his cage though. He is acting very weird and almost too active. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong he’s very healthy.

Chameleons don't like it when you keep changing their cage. Leave it alone. It can take my panther up to two weeks to relax if I just put in a new plant

Back
Top Bottom