Help?

Yeah I dunno I just tried searching for it on Amazon UK then when it turned up nothing, I googled and that article came up.

@RandalCham Where abouts are you? Anywhere near Manchester?

Unforntunately i live all the way down in cornwall. I can take him to the vets when i next get paid but thats not for about 2 weeks:/ just being honest, i brought him more for the fact i felt sorry for him and he would probably be dead by now if i didnt , ive noticed the gap on his dorsal crest wheee the spikes are missing is getting bigger too but now hes got a lower wattage basking bulb and ive moved his perch lower i can only hope hes alright till pay day. :)

Ive heard that Iodine on a cotton bud is effective to prevent further infection ect?

It can help, yes, and is a pretty powerful antiseptic often used in surgical prep and wound flushing. At the clinic I work at we dilute the iodine to 1% (usually with saline, but water is fine) for general use. The form you'll want to look for is Povidone-iodine (or iodopovidone), which is 10% iodine. Ideally, you would apply (diluted) iodine, allow it to soak in/dry, followed by silver sulphadiazine.

Back
Top Bottom