Help!!

Professor Asparagus got hurt! His tail got stuck in the sticky part behind the hygrometer. He kept spinning around so I knew he was freaking out. When I noticed his tail was stuck I pulled off the hygrometer and his tail was actually stuck to the sticky part. I spun until his tail wasn't twisted and as gentle as I could pulled the very tip of his tail off the sticky pad. Now his tail isn't working right. I'll attach a pic. Do you think he needs a vet or do you think this will correct itself? Also, it was only the very tip that was stuck.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
  1. It is hard to say what will happen or what the extent of the injury might be. I would just wait a day or so and see if he does not straighten it out and start using it. It is possible it may turn dark or will bruise. Hopefully he was just more freaked out because he was stuck and there is no permanent damage..

Here's a better pic, I think. He let me hold him and he keeps rolling and unrolling it.

A vet can't do anything. Even if the end of the tail dies, I think the normal way to treat it is to let it dry up and fall off on its own.

It is probably swollen and sore and that's why he is rolling and unrolling it and not curling it up tightly. The tip looks alive and it sounds as if he has at least some function down to the tip (since the tip is slightly curled).

I suspect when the swelling goes down he will be fine. Even if there were some nerve damage, I think it will eventually heal. Nerve damage takes a long time to heal.

I have an anole that had a similar tail injury. The tail died and fell off. He lost it a few weeks ago and acts normal.

A vet can't do anything. Even if the end of the tail dies, I think the normal way to treat it is to let it dry up and fall off on its own.

It is probably swollen and sore and that's why he is rolling and unrolling it and not curling it up tightly. The tip looks alive and it sounds as if he has at least some function down to the tip (since the tip is slightly curled).

I suspect when the swelling goes down he will be fine. Even if there were some nerve damage, I think it will eventually heal. Nerve damage takes a long time to heal.
Thank you! That's what I'm hoping- just swelling that will go away. It sure hasn't stopped him from hunting or anything.

Back
Top Bottom