Help??

Pablothecow

My Cham is keeping her left eye closed? I sometimes see her open it and it doesn't look like there's anything in it so why could she be doing this?

image.jpg

Sorry it flipped the picture :\

Has she shed recently? If so some shed could have got in it. Also do you have live plants in her enclosure? Some plants that are safe for chameleons can sometimes irritate their eyes if sap gets into it. Hopefully someone with more experience will comment and help you.

I had something similar happen with a female. This could be a sign of a serious illness as sadly my females condition deteriorated until she would not open either eye and stopped eating. I attempted medications per recommendations, but she passed shortly thereafter. My advice is seek veterinary assistance and keep her away from all other animals as this may be a bacterial infection or worse coccidia if it is not due to a foreign object or intensity of light. I wish you the best and if you need any further guidance don't hesitate to ask! :)

Didn't she recently lay eggs? She may have gotten dirt in her eye and it is stuck where you don't see it.
You can possibly help her to flush it out with gentle, repeated flushing of her eye with a saline solution, which will often clear things up, but if there isn't substantial improvement within a day or so, it's time to see a vet.
I've used this one for eye rinses http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/shop...jtt_v_menu=exp
AND have also used this one by Bausch and Lomb
This Bausch and Lomb solution is made with the same ingredients called Sensitive Eyes Plus http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/search/_/N-0?pt=global&searchTerm=Sensitive+Eyes+Plus&un_form_encoding=utf-8&un_jtt_searchCVS.x=19&un_jtt_searchCVS.y=10

Thanks guys. Over the past couple days it's looked a little better. It will be closed in the morning but she will open it up and have it open pretty much all day. She's still active and eats and drinks and doesn't seem sick, but I'm keeping an eye on it

Back
Top Bottom