Help?

Kalistina

I'm not sure where to post this, I'm sure a mod can fix it for me.

Some of you have already seen the picture I posted of the chameleon at Petco. I called corporate and filed a formal complaint today because both of their male panthers are in desperate need of veterinary care. I've already brought this to the attention of the manager on several occasions during the past couple weeks but to no avail, they are not receiving the care they need.

Any input as to what may be wrong with these little guys? Picture attached. I can give basic info that I have received from the associates there.

Male, around 8 months old. UVB 5.0 has NEVER been changed since installation. Heat bulb undetermined. Small misshapen tank, glass. Roughly 18X14 . 2 males in same tank for 4 months, recently separated.

Diet - med crickets, and tiny meal worms. All left in tank and occasionally only dusted with calcium D3. But have not eaten in over a week.

Urate is slightly orange with wet slimy stool. Have not gone to the bathroom in over a week.

Humidity range 40-60 Heat 85-90. (Zoo med gauges attached to side of tank toward top.)

Fogger for humidity. Standing water bowl.

Never handled, very angry temperament.

I know it's not a very good picture, but that's the best I could do. Also, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if it is an inappropriate post. I just want to make sure they are being taken care of properly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382673866619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382673866619.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 134
Do you have Animal Control officers and/or an SPCA or a Humane Society out there? You may want to give them a call and report cruelty. They may need some specifics from you (they usually deal with domestics and wildlife - rarely exotics). Usually a 1 day "notice to correct" is given; if not, animal can be impounded. PM me if you'd like more info -

I'm so sorry for the late update. They have the chameleons at the vet, luckily I said something in time. I called yesterday for an update and this is what I was told. Both of them have parasites (no details on which type), both have MBD with one having a more mild case, one has a prolapse.

Both are being treated and will stay at the vet until they are considered healthy enough to sell or adopt out. I was given the choice to adopt if the vet says they aren't well enough to sell.

The corporate gentleman that has been keeping me updated is very genuine and helpful. I am not happy with the care on a daily basis but they definitely stepped it up when I filed the formal complaint. They are doing the right thing now and that makes me very happy.

I didn't want the free products they offered me, or the percentage off my purchase. I just wanted the babies to get better. They're on the right track!!!

Back
Top Bottom