Help..

Bacteria77

Hi, new here but have a question! We have 2 veiled chams and we have recently moved then to a new much bigger terrarium. Now their colors are different. They don't seem to be eating as much and spend 95% of their time in 1 spot... Is this normal??? I can attach more pictures if needed.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361847073.376869.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361847129.639623.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361847013.237188.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361847013.237188.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 65
Is there a wall separating them? As they grow up they become more territorial so I would separate them.

EDIT: It looks like there's a wall separating them, which is good.

I would actually add another plant or two. Buy a ficus for each cage and put it in there to give them more cover. The cages look a bit empty. Maybe some more horizontal branches too.
Good luck.

Those chaneleons look to be displaying stress colours. I honestly think they both need a 2x2x4 foot mesh enclosure each. Their current set up doesn't offer much room or things to do and I'm not sure how you would get a good temperature gradient for both of them?

How big is each half of your enclosure and what are the temps?

Hello, welcome to the forum :). As they get older it seems to me that Veileds do often go through a phase where they become more territorial for a while (usually around the time they are moved into adult enclosures). This includes staying darker colours and eating less.....
So I think it is a 'typical' problem......and I think the best advice is certainly to add more foliage and horizontal pathways for them, especially close to the top......but not so close they can burn themselves of course.....
They both look very healthy from here :)

Last edited:
Is there a wall separating them? As they grow up they become more territorial so I would separate them.

EDIT: It looks like there's a wall separating them, which is good.

I would actually add another plant or two. Buy a ficus for each cage and put it in there to give them more cover. The cages look a bit empty. Maybe some more horizontal branches too.
Good luck.

Thanks for ur reply.. We just moved then on Saturday night.. We have them together but were fighting so moved them.. So the terra is a work in progress.

How much room does each cham have?

those are stress colors.

They need alot more room and foliage to feel comfortable.

what is your basking temp at?

Those chaneleons look to be displaying stress colours. I honestly think they both need a 2x2x4 foot mesh enclosure each. Their current set up doesn't offer much room or things to do and I'm not sure how you would get a good temperature gradient for both of them?

How big is each half of your enclosure and what are the temps?

Their homes r 20"wide x 23" deep x 40" high.. U think that's to small? The chameleons r only like 4" long with tail..

Hello, welcome to the forum :). As they get older it seems to me that Veileds do often go through a phase where they become more territorial for a while (usually around the time they are moved into adult enclosures). This includes staying darker colours and eating less.....
So I think it is a 'typical' problem......and I think the best advice is certainly to add more foliage and horizontal pathways for them, especially close to the top......but not so close they can burn themselves of course.....
They both look very healthy from here :)

Thanks for the welcome.. :) is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable?? Its a work in progress.. But it's comin along

How much room does each cham have?

those are stress colors.

They need alot more room and foliage to feel comfortable.

what is your basking temp at?

U think they need more room?? It's 20"x23"x40"... We just moved then to their own cages..

Thanks a lot.. I will definitely read that.. :) we have done a lot of research and a lot of ppl say different things.. But I love this forum.. I'm happy I found it.. So much information! Love it! :)

Could just be relocation stress. typically normal when moved into a new environment. Could take days to weeks for them to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom