Help with laying bin

Alyssarad

My female veiled is showing signs she is about to lay shes been sleeping a lot an digging at the bottom of her cage. This is my first chameleon and this will be her first clutch so I'm not sure how to set up a proper bin for her. Ive seen a lot of people using tubs or large buckets but she has a medium sized repitbreeze cage and none of those options will fit in her enclosure. I have a 10 gal fish tank with a screened top and I was wondering if I could fill that up with soil and just keep her in there until she lays? Has anyone ever tried this and would this be okay?

A large plastic bin or grate CNBC would be better if you can't put it in the cage....but you have to commit to the bin then no not keep moving her back and forth from the cage to the bin.

If there's a bin in her cage it's better.

Get yourself a bin small enough to fit in her enclosure with about 6-8 inches of substrate I use 1 part play sand to 3 parts organic soil and moistened. Cover the bottom third of her cage so that she can’t see you and you can’t see her this will give her comfort and security.

Back
Top Bottom