Help with humidity levels

Crossingtami

Avid Member
I am currently trying to maintain correct humidity levels in my dragon strand enclosure. Night time is ok, but during the day, with the house heater running, the levels drop to +/- 40. I added plastic on one side. Still didn't work, so I added to both sides. Still no luck. I run 2 humidifiers in his bedroom. Misting brings up the daytime level but only for a short time. Any ideas here?

How much foliage do you have? Plants can raise or maintain humidity levels quite a bit.
There's also nothing wrong with misting once between lights on & off, as long as it dries out completely in-between. Daytime & nighttime humidity levels are averages.

Attachments

• 1609973498043300310334480160300.jpg
    1609973498043300310334480160300.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 79
How much foliage do you have? Plants can raise or maintain humidity levels quite a bit.
There's also nothing wrong with misting once between lights on & off, as long as it dries out completely in-between. Daytime & nighttime humidity levels are averages.
I hand mist every hr or couple hrs. Lots of real and fake plants.
16099735548216007305578331861343.jpg

Can't tell if that's got a probe or not. If not, placement is more important.

BTW—Could you give us a better look at that feeder run?

Did you order the govee ones? I thought you bought a mist king? Careful misting too much during the day... You do not want a consistently wet environment. That increases the RI risk.
You should have about a 10-15% difference between humidity up at the top and the mid level top being lower then the mid to bottom. 40 is not overly low for daytime basking level. Your still within range. But being as how your running humidifiers in the room I would expect that to be higher. I wonder how accurate your sensor is.

Did you order the govee ones? I thought you bought a mist king? Careful misting too much during the day... You do not want a consistently wet environment. That increases the RI risk.
You should have about a 10-15% difference between humidity up at the top and the mid level top being lower then the mid to bottom. 40 is not overly low for daytime basking level. Your still within range. But being as how your running humidifiers in the room I would expect that to be higher. I wonder how accurate your sensor is.
Haven't bought a mist king yet. Am doing so today. Looking between mist king 5th generation or just the mistking starter. Temp / humidity gauge on bottom of enclosure reads 71° and 57 %.

OK, for one thing, I would get rid of the fake plants for real plants.
Fake plants can't transpire.
IDK if hand misting works as well for raising/maintaining humidity as auto-misting.
I put fake vines to fill in the sides so there was not much open space. I also added fake for placement for dripper water droplets to drip down.

Haven't bought a mist king yet. Am doing so today. Looking between mist king 5th generation or just the mistking starter. Temp / humidity gauge on bottom of enclosure reads 71° and 57 %.
No biggie, but the v5 or v4 applies to the timer only. The starter kits are available with either. See the MK site for description/explanation of the difference(s). ;)

I put fake vines to fill in the sides so there was not much open space. I also added fake for placement for dripper water droplets to drip down.
Be that as it may, they can't transpire; live plants do, and that helps maintain humidity levels around the clock—the more, the better. ;)

These 2 are on the opposite side of the room from where karma is

Attachments

• 16099749863854469906186390256746.jpg
    16099749863854469906186390256746.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 74
Hello.can i use 1 of these as main humidifier?i mean can i place it out of the enclosure and with 1 pipe (patent)send the humid-smoke inside?
These are outside of the enclosure on the opposite side of his bedroom. I run a reptifogger for his enclosure

Attachments

• 16100321337351901508525981717512.jpg
    16100321337351901508525981717512.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom