help with first shed.

phase

so Yoda has started to shed today. this is his first shed and i was just wondering if there is anything special i should do for him today. he is getting close to 3months old.

he was outside enjoying the sun in the morning for about 3 hours. when i took him inside, i noticed his eyes and feet are shedding. then in about an hour he is now having a FULL shed. he hasnt ate anything today. is this normal? also he has been opening his mouth,rubbing himself against the mesh and stretching alot.im guessing this is to help get the old skin off. is it uncomfortable for him?

thanks

mist more to help - rubbing is normal! mine will scrape against his vines and stuff and puff up a lot to break his old skin. sometimes he even eats some of it.

mine eats it too, i think because they are prey animals they eat the skin too cover up where they have been. As for helping him shed i use water from my hot water tap, comes out few degrees under boiling, and when its sprayed it comes out in a nice warm mist and both my chams love it. try it on ur skin to make sure its not too hot before you spray tho.

Back
Top Bottom