Help with defining locale of my Panther please?

Claudine

Hi!
First thread here :)
We recently brought our first Panther home, he was sold to us as a Diego Suarez, just curious as to what you knowledgeable guys think?
Google images not being very helpful in double checking his identity!
Whatever locale, we think he's gorgeous and he's super chilled so we're happy :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 194
Hi!
First thread here :)
We recently brought our first Panther home, he was sold to us as a Diego Suarez, just curious as to what you knowledgeable guys think?
Google images not being very helpful in double checking his identity!
Whatever locale, we think he's gorgeous and he's super chilled so we're happy :) View attachment 145687View attachment 145688

He doesn't look like a Diego Suarez, looks more like some kind of Ambilobe mix.
Nice looking boy though!!

I agree with Ataraxia. Hard to say, but he sure is a good looking guy! Love the close up pic. That is photo contest worthy!

Yes he's a gorgeous Panther. I definitely think he's a mixed local, Has bright colors of an ambilobe for sure though.

This IMO is the problem with keeping Pardalis breeders not keeping locales as pure as possible. Great looking male but in my humble opinion there is absolutely zero need to cross them, each locale is individually beautiful and should be kept that way.

I however do understand imported females have come in marked incorrectly and this you cant stop.

O.P this is not directed at you because im pretty sure you didn't produce this male ;). If this was the Dendrobated hobby the world would have exploded lol..

I'm not great at identifying locale's but I just wanted to compliment his beauty - wow!!

Back
Top Bottom