Help with crickets!

lynyrd cham

Hey guys, I recently ordered 250 crickets from online and they were doing pretty well for the first few days, and then, they just started dying in mass numbers! I'm not sure why and wondering if anyone can help! Here is my set up along with food and whatnot

Container- 18x18x24 with screen top and plenty of egg crates

Environment- kept in garage that stays at 78-80 degrees at all times

Food- cricket crack (they devour it like crazy)

Water- flukers cricket quencher

hmmmm... my crickets seem to die a lot too. Maybe its too hot in there. do your other crickets usually die when they are in the garage?

i usually put leftover substrate from my dads beardie that died like 7 years ago, he had a huge bag of it. and i dont need it for my geckos so i decided to put it to some use.

Hey guys, I recently ordered 250 crickets from online and they were doing pretty well for the first few days, and then, they just started dying in mass numbers! I'm not sure why and wondering if anyone can help! Here is my set up along with food and whatnot

Container- 18x18x24 with screen top and plenty of egg crates

Environment- kept in garage that stays at 78-80 degrees at all times

Food- cricket crack (they devour it like crazy)

Water- flukers cricket quencher
The bigger container the better, they need a whole lot more space then ppl give them. I use a cricket keeper for this reason with 30-40 each time. Still I lose about 5 in the 2-3 days it takes to feed them off.

Cleaning it every day of dead bodies helps reduce deaths, I also use a jelly water that's made by my locale reptile store. I noticed a few people have problems are using flickers.

Hmmm that is weird I ordered 1,000 crickets off flukers and I've managed to keep them alive with not much maintenance even done to them. Other than throwing a few chunks of veggies or like a bite of an apple and water I don't do much to them... I have a lil more than 30 in a large cricket keeper and a lot more in an old xbox 360 box I used and kinda modified to put crickets in it without them getting out. Maybe it is the temp because it only gets to about 75 in my room closet where I keep em. But I have also been going threw them fast since my lil guy eats like 20 daily so maybe they just don't have time to die before my lil homies lunch.

Hmmm that is weird I ordered 1,000 crickets off flukers and I've managed to keep them alive with not much maintenance even done to them. Other than throwing a few chunks of veggies or like a bite of an apple and water I don't do much to them... I have a lil more than 30 in a large cricket keeper and a lot more in an old xbox 360 box I used and kinda modified to put crickets in it without them getting out. Maybe it is the temp because it only gets to about 75 in my room closet where I keep em. But I have also been going threw them fast since my lil guy eats like 20 daily so maybe they just don't have time to die before my lil homies lunch.
yea. my lil guy used to go threw 15 a day. machines they are!

Also if there's any type of like poison that's been sprayed around the area that can also be the problem. The first few crickets I bought ( like 50 from localvpet store) most of them all died and I feel like it was because we spray poison around that area every few months. And the fumes kill them I guess I'm not an expert tho just my thought

yea. my lil guy used to go threw 15 a day. machines they are!
I would give him 15 but he would look unsatisfied lol so I threw in another 5 and I hear when they're that young they can eat all DAY!! I'm still really new to this #chamlife but so far my lil guy has been thriving

I buy 12 000 crickets at a time, once a month. I only lose about 100 crickets by the end of the month when it is time to get more!

Keep them well hydrated but well ventilated and very well fed. Also keep them at about 72 to 75 degrees.

Thanks for the advise guys! I think I'll try and keep them in a cooler place. I'll just have to hide them somewhere inside from my wife! Haha she hates them and now that she's pregnant I don't think I'll be able to hide them without her smelling them somewhere lol

Back
Top Bottom