Help with baby

TheVainity

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Nosy be panther, male, 3 months, had him for 2 days. Handling - Never yet.
Feeding -1/8ths, gutloaded with cricket crack and carrots.
Supplements - Reptical without d3 every feeding, multivite twice a month D3 calcium every other week
Watering - Manual bottle misting 4 times a day. Dripper running.
Fecal Description - Healthy poop, white urate and solid dropping

Cage Info:
Cage Type - https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-additions-family-their-homes-58296
Lighting - ^
Temperature - 82-74
Humidity - Usually around 60-80%
Plants - Ficus and pothos
Placement - ^
Location - Toronto canada

I've recently tried to get this little boy to eat 1/8's out of a cup rather than let them free-range in the cage as it is a little too big for him. However I just caught a glimpse of him tearing at his biovine as if to rip off a piece to eat. So far I haven't seen him eat and obviously he is hungry. He also seems very drab and brown a lot, Pics of him and my enclosure are in the other thread. Thanks in advance maybe, im just overreacting.

Maybe just a little overreacting. :) Panthers in particular, even baby ones, love to bite at biovine-I swear they put something in it that makes them want to do it. I think your feeder cup is a little too deep-try a shallower one.

Hmm, well it seems I adjusted the cup ( Made it smaller) and he still seems to be disinterested in the crickets. We'll see how it goes, hopefully hes just not used to his environment. I always panic with these little guys on the slightest issue.

you should try handfeeding him. or maybe get some other feeders, see if he is intressted in them. my cham is the same age and at times he wont bother to even try to go after a cricket unless i bbring the cricket to him then he snatches it.

After years with chams I still panic if one doesn't do what I think it should. Some of us never out grow that.:( Waiting for them to do what you want is never easy.

I am sitting here waiting for a pair of quads to be delivered and can hardly sit still. I have the front door open so I can't miss fed ex. Not that it matters, he opens the door and puts my packages inside. Damn I hate waiting.

Glad to know someone else freaks out as much as I do haha, It just worries me when hes all brown and drab and doesn't eat. We'll see how it goes.

Some of my babies would not eat out of a feeder cup until I put a small branch sticking out and leaning to the side of the cup. The crickets crawl up the branch and get his interest. After a while I dont need the branch since he has figured it out. Good luck.

This has nothing to do with his feeding...but it needs to be mentioned anyway...
You said..."Feeding -1/8ths, gutloaded with cricket crack and carrots"...I feel that its important to vary the died of the crickets...so I gutload/feed them a wide assortment of greens (dandelions, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, etc.) and veggies (carrots, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, etc.) rather than just using one or two things.

try different types and styles of feeding cups my guys always like green ones, and preferably not transparent.

jmo hoj

Maybe try free ranging some crickets as well. I know you said the cage is large but the thrill of the hunt may intrigue the little guy to eat.

Back
Top Bottom