Help with age.

Things are going fine
Glad to hear that!

Lil dude was striking a full lion-king pose this morning
looks pretty proud.

He’s Actively hunting and I know he ate a few big mouthfuls.
He seems to have occasionally darted at things I can’t see.
All good signs.

Unfortunately i think he didn’t really acquire a taste for the BSFl; not too interested in those today.
He actually took a repashy LoD dusted cricket from tongs just before lights out.
Straight up Sumo style, very encouraging!
Just keep reminding yourself they're all different—individuals. ;)

the hardest part of this is going to be making sure he is eating enough cause the tank size and substrate make escapees vanish.
Might a feeder run cup help with that?

I’ve heard people say they can get “addicted” to eating super worms and that’s one of the primary things I have in his size right now so I’m a bit pensive about that.

A possibility, but not a given. I've been through that with my beardie. Had to starve him off of them at one point (it was a battle of stubbornness) which was really hard because it was during a rapid growth phase. IDK if it'll work with this fellow, but you might try holding back the supers until he eats other things first (Like that ever worked with me... :rolleyes:)

Keep telling yourself, "I'm smarter than this reptile!" :LOL:

I was told this one is 3 month old.

Attachments

• mr green2.jpg
    mr green2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 85
Seems right Jackson; that’s a loveley Veiled, yes.
and thanks , looking good too.

we have reached a rough consensus that
mon petit homme
is not more than a month from the egg.

Thanks everyone for the input.

I'm just sorry your first experience has been fraught with so much disillusionment.
Hoping things go smoothly from this point forward.

Curious, I'm almost positive we bought from the same breeder. I was told mine was 3 months old as well, which I was very skeptical about after receiving her. She was in good health and the breeder was nice/helpful so I'm not overly bothered by it but it is nice to know the real age.

Attachments

• IMG-1839.JPG
    IMG-1839.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG-1874.jpg
    IMG-1874.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 86
Might a feeder run cup help with that?

Yes I made small shooting gallery in advance but I think it’s not really working with the scale at this point.

i went ahead and made a run type appliance and it’s helped with visibility. Of course crickets still just jump clear, but the good news is my BSFl (in a separate dish) are getting eaten again.

Last edited:
Interesting we have some counter opinions here now on the age and size.
I would think anywhere in the low 80’s would be sufficient for digestion, esp as others have warned that overheating is a risk at this size .

I’ll try to withhold judgement and just deal with my individual as best as I can.

Best luck to everyone with a little one to care for.

Curious, I'm almost positive we bought from the same breeder. I was told mine was 3 months old as well, which I was very skeptical about after receiving her. She was in good health and the breeder was nice/helpful so I'm not overly bothered by it but it is nice to know the real age.
Look at the yellows on that lil guy !
How’s he doing?

You could be right, I think I’m supposed to be looking at a ybbb lineage but I can’t make it out at all yet.
Snapped a grumpy the other day, not the best pic ... D7EE1270-911C-4338-9807-D44B64E05B2A.jpeg

Ate a bunch of Dubai today, very exciting,!

I’ve been catching bbflies, I found a young mantis last week,
Anything that moves like that really shows the Panther name!

He doesn’t get too excited for larva but he’s very sprightly for stuff with legs and wings.

wow when I first saw the photo I was thinking like <1 months now i'm seeing a 4 month old! I think when you got him he was around 2 months old. This is what my 3.5 month old nosy be look like and he is 3.5 inches from snout to vent. But to my knowledge 3 months old can look different and mature earlier. I have seen some 3-4 month old chams showing near adult coloration but i've also seen 3 month old chams straight black and grey

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom