help with 1 month ambanja

Get that Zilla light out of there! Thoes things are no good. I am about 90% sure that is was killed my first nosy be cham

except the fresh air is 18" high, not wide. Hopefully I can get something 12" length wise...any other suggestions for the next best thing should I not be able to find one to fit?

Last edited:
you see why couldn't I think of that? Actually that's a good idea because I have 2 more coming which I will to put in a separate cage as well, so I can put them side by side :) okay I will keep you updated

good morning

just wanted to let you know that the light seems to be working quite well and I finally saw him eat this morning!!! He caught the cricket himself. I gut load them with bearded dragon food overnight. Thanks so much everyone!!

keep 1/4 in crickets and some flightless fruit flies. give him time im sure he is adjusting. As long as you see him drink its cool for now. my ambilobe when I first got him didnt eat for a couple of days. good luck and keep us updated.

this is an update. The little one is doing fine except he still keeps his eyes closed a lot. I am wondering if he has eye irritation. Is there anything I can do at home for his eyes. I really don't want to take him out to the vet because of his size. Stress is something he can do without. Any home remedies out there?

try misting him more they do come from a very humid country and they do clean there eyes when misted , aahah dont worry if he starts to pop his eye out hes just cleaning it from the inside , so try uping your misting to about 4 or 5 a day at the least and directly mist them with warm water of course because i also live in canada just in Ontario and it does get quite dry out so you might want to get a humidifier , i have one going and its 45% humidity all day just in my room alone , im gona have another one going here in a short while i just need a filter for it and it should bring the humidity up to about 60 to 70% and itll be great for my panthers ahah

Mist the little guy.........

With his size about the only thing you can do is mist him several times a day. Is he still eating well? Are you seeing his poop size slowly increase? I know it is really tiny at this age but it should slowly increase in size. Good job on keeping this little one alive :)

thanks all..as for poop, I don't think I have seen any yet but he has tons of plastic leaves and branches in there so he is comfortable. He must be pooping because he is definatly eating (or else he would have exploded by now lol) I am currently misting three times a day I will up it to 5 and see what happens

thanks all..as for poop, I don't think I have seen any yet but he has tons of plastic leaves and branches in there so he is comfortable. He must be pooping because he is definatly eating (or else he would have exploded by now lol) I am currently misting three times a day I will up it to 5 and see what happens

umm i think it's a good time for you to start shopping for real plants.
Hibiscus, golden pothos, schefllera arboricola, and hibiscus are all great plants.
tons of plastic leaves are suitable only for a chameleon made from plastic.
You'll benefit a LOT from having a real plant in the enclosure.
It helps with the humidity and fresh air.
Just make sure you prepare the plants b4 putting it in the cage by dunking it upside down and swish it vigorously in a tub filled with antibacterial soap.
Let dry for 5 minutes and rinse it clean.
Do it at least 3 times more.

(and for you not to be alarmed, your chameleon at one time or another will
munch the leaves or the flower).

also, just the fact that he's eating, does not mean that he's pooping.
You really do need to find some turd in the cage.
A healthy baby chameleon usually poops every day.

I'm sorry to be negative here.. but your cham's eye is closed and you could not find poop in the cage.. I say you got to be on alert mode.
Increase the warm misting sessions. The warm water will induce his reflex to poop.
Check the poop as soon as it come out. Is it black with white part on it?
Is it moist?

If the white part is yellow or the poop has different color, that's a good indication that he's not in the best condition as he should.

Back
Top Bottom